Susan Innes -Dip CBT, Cert Sup, MBABCP, CMCOSCA,
Welcome and thank you for reading my profile.
If you are experiencing a difficult or challenging time in your personal or work life it can help to talk to an experienced and professional counsellor like myself. You can phone or email me using the contact details on my page.
Knowing how to choose the right counsellor can feel confusing, so to aid you in your search I offer a short telephone consultation. This will give us the opportunity to discuss your requirements and for you to ensure that you are comfortable in knowing we can work together.
I specialise in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and offer a confidential and non judgemental space for you to explore your thoughts and feelings. I have over 18 years of experience supporting people to explore, work through and overcome their various issues.
CBT is a distinctive, focused way of helping people change their lives. CBT is structured, and is also often relatively short-term or can be longer term.
I can work from an integrative position and offer an alternative and holistic service that will support you to reach the goal you are aiming for, such as help to :-
- identify problem behaviour patterns
- identify problem thinking patterns
- develop new, more realistic, helpful beliefs
- plan and execute specific behaviour change
- recognise changes in mood and develop different coping strategies.
I aim to enable you to identify and then change your unhelpful thinking and behaviour. As you learn to do this, you will notice a significant improvement in how you feel and how you live your day to day life.
The type of counselling I offer focuses on your problems and difficulties in the ‘here and now’. together we will look for ways to support you to improve your state of mind. We may look at issues from your childhood, as these often determine patterns of behaviour in adult life.
Your rate of recovery depends on your commitment to making changes in your life outside the counselling sessions. Change is hard however, working together on skills you will learn during counselling, these can be of lifelong benefit.
Counselling/psychotherapy can be useful for dealing with issues such as :-
- Anger Management
- Anxiety Generalised/Social
- Substance Misuse Alcohol/Drugs/Solvents
- Eating Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Relationship Problems
- Low Self Esteem
- Physical Abuse
- Sexual Abuse
- Sleep issues
- Work Related Issues
- Panic Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- ...this list is not extensive!
CBT sessions may consist of a number of activities including:-
- Coping Skills
- Challenging Certain Thoughts
- Thought Stopping
- Progressive Work Between Sessions
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a qualified and experienced counsellor and a member of the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapists (BABCP) and COSCA Registered. I have an enhanced disclosure and am fully insured.
- University of Dundee BA social Work
- Cosca 1 and 2 counselling skills
- Diploma Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Group work
- NES Working with Trauma
- Family Therapy with CAMHs
- COSCA supervisors certificate
I have been working in an organisation providing one to one counselling throughout Fife for over 18 years. I have also developed and facilitated many group works. Being a team leader of an organisation I have successfully developed services for young people and adults and have extensive experience of line management/supervising counselling and counselling psychology students and placements.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
I offer one hour sessions at a rate of £50.00 per hour.
Student rate 35.00 per hour for supervision or personal therapy.
My approach for supervision is integrative.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I offer counselling supervision for students and qualified counsellors / psychotherapists from my practice in Anstruther, Fife.