Susan Brill RM(BACP) ~ £30ph (Couples - £40ph) Suebrill.com
BACP Registered Counsellor ~ I am a highly experienced counsellor, and have worked in my own Private Practice in Bourne the past 7 years. I offer a professional, confidential, affordable counselling service. I also offer online counselling sessions via Skype or telephone for clients unable to access Wake House.
I am a Registered Member of The British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists, and hold full Indemnity Insurance. I work from a private room in Wake House, Bourne, Lincs, offering a safe, comfortable, light, airy and quiet space for you to work through your concerns.
My therapy room has a large clear perspex screen to enable me to work safely with my clients. The window will remain open and the room aired and sanitised between sessions. As your therapist I can confirm I have had both parts of my Covid vaccination. You will be asked to use the hand sanitizer as you enter the therapy room. Water is provided in disposable cups, or do feel free to bring your own drink. The arms of the chairs have removable covers, which will be laundered after each client session. PLEASE DO NOT ENTER WAKE HOUSE IF YOU HAVE ANY COVID SYMPTOMS.
The primary goal of any form of counselling therapy is to release the client from any emotional distress, mental confusion and/or limiting beliefs. Counselling arms the client with the opportunity to become more self-aware, and more in control of creating the sort of positive changes they want to see in their life.
FEES : (per 60 minute Session)
£30 - Individuals
£40 - Couples
£55 - Couples (1.5 hour session)
Student Counsellors welcome
PAYMENT: Cash at the appointment please. New clients to pay first session by bank transfer to secure their appointment.
Wake House has its own free car park at the rear of the premises for clients to use. Entry to Wake House is via the rear door.
Training, qualifications & experience
I hold a Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling, and am a Registered Member of the British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists.
I have experience working with a vast range of issues, including:
Depression, Bereavement, Anxiety, Anger Management, Relationship issues, PTSD, families with special needs children, OCD, Infertility, Adult ADHD, Domestic violence, Emotional Abuse, Addiction (drugs/ alcohol/ gambling/ sexual/ smoking/ internet), Miscarriage, Divorce/Separation, Couples, Self-esteem, Psychosis, Borderline Personality Disorder, Stress, Ex-Forces personnel, Infidelity, Sexual Abuse, Childhood Trauma, Eating Disorders, Suicidal Ideation, Sexuality, Abandonment, Narcissism, Trauma, Disability, Self Harm, Bipolar, Personal Development, Dissociative Identity Disorder.
I attend regular workshops to complement my counselling training and professional development, and to enhance the support I can offer my clients.
~ British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists - Registered Member
~ AQA Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling, including:
'Therapeutic Practice' and 'Helping Children & Young People'
~ Open University, 1st Year Psychology
~ BACP Certificate of Proficiency
~ AQA Certificate in Counselling Skills (Level 2)
~ AQA Certificate 'Introduction To Counselling Concepts'
~ Volunteer Counsellor - Littles Miracles (children's charity), Peterborough
~ Welland Valley Working with 'Forces and Ex-Forces Personnel' Workshop
~ 8 Week Mindfulness Programme (Now Unlimited)
~ Experiential Group Working (Pip Wilson)
~ One To One Project Self-harm Workshop
~ One To One Project Experiential Workshop
~ CPD - Addiction (BACP)
~ CPD - Bereavement (BACP)
~ One To One Project Anxiety Workshop
~ CPD - Narcissistic and Borderline Presentation Workshop (Karen Creasey)
~ CPD - Safeguarding
~ CPD - Chronic Depression Workshop (Dr Maggie Turp)
~ CPD - Eating Disorders (PEDs Peterborough - Mandy Scott and Sue Rattle)
~ CPD - Transgender identity workshop (Madison Amy-Webb)
~ CPD - Dissociative Indentity Disorder (Remy Aquarone)
~ CPD - Self Harm (BACP)
~ CPD - Attachment (BACP)
~ CPD - Trauma workshop (Bonita Ackerman Du Preez)
TESTIMONIALS - (A selection of messages received from my clients):
- "After only a couple of sessions, I was able to talk about deep seated issues I had buried deep in my mind".
- "We're the best we've ever been as a couple. Thank you Sue for helping us stay together".
- "Thank you so much for helping *****. The improvement is fantastic".
- "I have my life back, and am so grateful to you, Susan."
- "Long term counselling was right for me. I have had short term counselling 4 times in the past but never felt as 'cleansed' as I do now."
- "At the beginning of counselling I couldn't answer the phone, put the rubbish out or even go into my garden. I needed an escort to go anywhere. Now I can walk around our village with confidence on my own, and I am even using the bus to go places!."
-"Thank you so much Sue, you made a real difference and helped me more that you know!."
- "At the end of my counselling journey I described myself as a chrysalis who has emerged into a beautiful butterfly."
- "I can never thank you enough. I feel better than I have since my children were tiny (1990)."
- "Thank you for all your support over the past 2 years Sue, for giving me the opportunity to unpick my thoughts, for timely prompts and sensitive questioning....I have grown a lot - and learned a lot from you."
- "You will never know how life-changing this experience has been for me".
- "I didn't think counselling could make such a difference to my life. It's been life saving. Thank you so much Sue."
- "Our relationship is back on track - thank you for getting us there."
- "I've found my mojo and sense of purpose. Awesome experience, and thank you for helping me get 'me' back".
- "I'm feeling great. Can't thank you enough Sue".
- "I draw my strength from you, Sue".
- "You're in my head helping me at times of uncertainty. You're my inner comfort".
- "We were on the brink of separating. You saved our marriage".
- "You hit the nail right on the head, Sue. You really understood me".
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have a particular interest in, and extensive experience of, how ADHD affects adults. I work with many adults either newly diagnosed or believing they may have ADHD.
I have worked with many couples, helping them through their relationship issues.
£30.00 per session
Cancellation: If at least 24 hours notice is given - no fee will be charged
Less than 24 hours notice given - full fee will apply.
To keep overheads down, I do ask for session fees to be paid in cash at each session. (or BACs payments payable in advance of each session).
First Sessions to be paid in advance by BACs please at least 48 hours prior to session, to secure initial appointment. Refundable only if at least 24 hours notice of cancellation is given.
All Online/phone sessions to be paid at least 48 hours in advance of session).
Please Note: I only work with clients aged 16 and over, and Couples.