Sukvinder Grewal NCS (reg) Prof Dip Couns. Dip CBT. Dip Supervision
I am a qualified Integrative Counsellor/Clinical supervisor and my practice is easily accessible located in the Dudley area DY1 1HA(Priory Street)
I offer counselling to adults and young people on both a short and long term basis depending on individual client needs.
Counselling is offered via face to face , Skype and telephone service depending on individual needs and preference. Concessions are available for those receiving benefits such as Disability living allowance and trainee counsellors.
I also provide a free pre arranged phone consultation to help you decide whether counselling would be helpful for you.Please feel free to call, text or email to arrange an initial appointment to meet up and talk about how we can work together if preferred.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Supervision Diploma
- Specialist Diploma in CBT
- Diploma in counselling children
- Level 4 Diploma Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 5 Certificate Life Coaching
- Level 3 Certificate Counselling skills & theory
- Level 3 National Certificate in Mediation skills
- Level 3 Diploma Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Level 2 Counselling Skills Certificate
- Level 1 Certificate in Drugs Awareness
- Level 1 British Judo Association Coach
- Valid Enhanced Certificate from the Disclosure & Barring Service
- First Aid Essentials Certificate
- Safeguarding & Protecting Children Certificate
- Sports Psychology Certificate (CPD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder counselling (CPD)
- Substance awareness misuse (CPD)
- Philosophy Diploma (CPD)
- Meridian therapy based on EFT technique (CPD)
- Ongoing regular monthly supervision
- Accredited member of the National Counselling Society (NCS)
Through my work in the private and volunteer sector, I have experience of working with clients from diverse ethnicities and cultures which has enabled me to grow as a individual and counsellor.
Having worked at counselling charities like The What Centre, Base25 and Believe to Achieve working with some amazing people from all walks of life. I was part of the team that helped to deliver the Rapport project which provided counselling and peer support for children & young people aged 5-25 in schools across Wolverhampton and Dudley.
Prior to working as a counsellor, I worked as an administrative officer for the DWP and as a Mediator for Wolverhampton City Council to help resolve neighbourhood disputes. Also currently a Level 1 British Judo Association Coach at Lions Judo club.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
Counselling session - £40 per 50 minutes
Trainee Counsellor - £35 per 50 minutes
Supervision Qualified Counsellor - £45 per 1.5 hrs
Supervision Trainee Counsellor - £35 per 1.5 hrs
Supervision for organisations/agencies/schools- £40 per 1 hr
Group Peer Supervision - rate depends on number within the group (please contact for more details)
Concessions available for those on benefits. Please contact me for more details.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have availability for daytime, evening and weekends if preferred by clients. I also offer a home counselling service if clients prefer this.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I offer Integrative Supervision to both Trainee and Qualified Counsellors for a minimum 1.5 hr session as recommended by BACP guidelines.