Sukvinder Grewal NCS, ACCPH ,MSET (reg) Prof Dip Couns. Dip CBT. Dip Supervision
I am a qualified Integrative Counsellor/ Clinical supervisor/ Jikiden Reiki practitioner, located in the Wolverhampton and Dudley areas. I am also a qualified tutor who has taught the Level 2 Foundation course in Counselling at The Key Counselling Training centre in Birmingham.
I offer counselling to adults and young people on both a short and long term basis depending on individual client needs. I also offer Jikiden authentic Japanese Reiki treatments to both young people and adults.
Counselling is offered via face to face , Skype and telephone service depending on individual needs and preference. Concessions are available for those receiving benefits such as Disability living allowance and trainee counsellors.
I also provide a free pre arranged phone consultation to help you decide whether counselling would be helpful for you.Please feel free to call, text or email to arrange an initial appointment to meet up and talk about how we can work together if preferred.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Supervision Diploma
- Advanced Diploma in Public Relations
- Jikiden Reiki Shoden Certificate
- Jikiden Reiki Okuden Practitioner Certificate
- Specialist Diploma in CBT
- Diploma in counselling children and young people
- Level 4 Diploma Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Diet and Nutrition
- Level 5 Certificate Life Coaching
- Level 3 Diploma in Anatomy and Physiology
- CMI Level 3 Diploma in Coaching and Mentoring
- ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership & Management
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- Level 3 Certificate Counselling skills & theory
- Level 3 National Certificate in Mediation skills
- Level 3 Diploma Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Level 2 Clinical hypnotherapy certificate (CPD)
- Level 2 Certificate in improving personal exercise, health and nutrition
- Diploma in Professional Coaching
- Level 2 Counselling Skills Certificate
- Level 1 Certificate in Drugs Awareness
- Level 1 Introduction to Counselling Course
- Level 1 British Judo Association Coach
- Covid-19: Psychological First Aid (CPD)
- Professional Mind Coach Certificate (CPD)
- Certificate in County lines in schools (CPD)
- Valid Enhanced Certificate from the Disclosure & Barring Service
- First Aid Essentials Certificate
- Safeguarding & Protecting Children Certificate
- Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling (CPD)
- Sports Psychology Certificate (CPD)
- Understanding Pathways to extremism and the Prevent programme (CPD)
- Meridian therapy based on EFT technique (CPD
- Ongoing regular monthly supervision
- Accredited member of the National Counselling Society (NCS)
- Accredited senior member of the Accredited Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists and Hypnotherapists (ACCPH)
- Member of the Society of Education and Training (MSET)
Through my work in the private and volunteer sector, I have experience of working with clients from diverse ethnicities and cultures which has enabled me to grow as a individual and counsellor.
Having worked at counselling charities like The What Centre, Base25 and Believe to Achieve working with some amazing people from all walks of life. I was part of the team that helped to deliver the Rapport project which provided counselling and peer support for children & young people aged 5-25 in schools across Wolverhampton and Dudley.
Prior to working as a counsellor, I worked as an administrative officer for the DWP and as a Mediator for Wolverhampton City Council to help resolve neighbourhood disputes. Also currently a Level 1 British Judo Association Coach at Lions Judo club.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Counselling session - £50 per 50 minutes for clients
Trainee Counsellor - £35 per 50 minute counselling session
Reiki treatment- £40 for 1 hour
Reiki treatment-£20 for 30 minutes
Both face to face and distance Reiki available
Supervision Qualified Counsellor - £55 per 1.5 hr session
Supervision Qualified Counsellor - £65 per 2 hr session
Supervision Trainee Counsellor - £45 per 1.5 hr session
Supervision Trainee Counsellor - £55 per 2 hr session
Supervision for organisations/agencies/schools- £50 per 1 hr session
*Concessions available for those on benefits. Please contact me for more details.*
I have availability for daytime, evening and weekends if preferred by clients. I also offer a home counselling service if clients prefer this.