My name is Sukhi and I am a person centred counsellor. I have a degree in Humanistic Counselling from Nottingham University.
Person centred counselling is a humanistic approach which believes in the capacity of each individual to access their own inner resources to be able to heal and grow.
I have worked with a wide range of client concern and have experienced with a wide range of different issues and problems that arise in everyday life.
I have worked with both young children to adults.
I can assist you if you feel you need to talk to someone who will understand and respect your thoughts and feelings without being judged in any way. If you feel you are trapped in a situation and have not been heard and all you need is a listening ear then I can help you.
I also offer counselling in the Punjabi/Hindi/Urdu language.
I am of an Asian background and I am mindful of Asian culture and the particular pressures and problems that come with this.
I offer a fully confidential service and I am BACP registered.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) Humanistic Counselling Practise
- Basic Steps of Counselling
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults Training
- Attachment theory and self awareness in the Counsellor
- Surviving Childhood Sexual Abuse and Trauma
- A Family history Loss and the factors affecting grief in children
- Mindfulness and the person centred approach
- The challenges of self-harm and suicide in children and young people
I have worked with homeless people facing many different issues and problems and also worked with children of primary school age.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
£30 per session
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|