The Kings Office Suites
52 Queen Street
I provide counselling to individuals, couples, families, and children. I work using various approaches but mainly systemic and transactional analysis. I started my career in counselling in 1982 whilst training as a psychiatric nurse and then once qualified I continued with psychotherapy training both analytical and transactional analysis. I later trained as a relationship counsellor with Relate and have a post-graduate diploma in systemic counselling.
I have spent the last two years studying and working with children with special needs in educational settings and have a special interest in the autistic spectrum, communication difficulties and the needs of families with neurodiverse children and adults.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Psychiatric nurse training.
- Transactional analysis and psychotherapy training.
- Diploma in relationship counselling.
- Post-graduate diploma in systemic child and family counselling.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Initial consultation £25 then £40.
If you want to explore, understand and enhance your self-knowledge and relationships in your family, and with others, I would like to take that step with you. I am not an expert and I don't have all the answers but I can provide support, and have a genuine desire to assist with positive change if that is the direction you would like to go in.
Sometimes it might be difficult to travel to an appointment so I am happy to come to your home or make arrangements to see you as close to home as possible.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please leave a phone message or email me and I will reply as soon as possible
Types of client