Sue Thompson Registered Member M.B.A.C.P (Snr. Accredited)
- I can offer evening appointments between 6pm and 9pm
- Day time appointments are available with more flexibility
- I work essentially as a Person Centred therapist integrating other modalities where appropriate this enables me to work flexibly with you as an individual to meet your needs.(EMDR QUALIFIED)
I have worked as a counsellor for 25years and been qualified 21years and more recently work with staff from NHS within their staff counselling service. I also supervise work within NHS counselling service and privately. I would say at this time stress and depression are common difficulties that people are attending counselling for along side relationship issues and work related difficulties / stress, however my work experience includes issues such as sexual violation both in child hood and adult hood and enables me to appreciate how these can also impact on all aspects of ones life with such overwhelming consequences at times. I have worked with bereavement issues in loss of relationships, jobs, long term illness and through death of a loved one, and many other emotionally challenging experiences. My goal is to always remember life challenges will affect each individual differently and that is where our understanding begins when starting on this journey of self discovery.
I feel privileged to have also worked with many couples with troubling issues within their relationship enabling them to find a way to go forward that works for them both.
As a supervisor of counsellors I am working with individuals and groups and enjoy working integratively embracing differing modalities. My experience also includes working with groups facilitating personal development growth.
I can also offer support in the process of accreditation, if interested please call or email
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling (Isis Centre)
- Diploma in Integrative Supervision (The Link Centre)
- Diploma in Associate Stress Consultancy (BSY correspondence course)
- Diploma in Addiction of drugs and alcohol
- Additional / specialist training in Couples therapy
- Additional / specialist training in Bereavement therapy
- Specialist training in Sexual violation in childhood and adulthood
- Specialist training in Genda Crisis before and post-operatively.
- Specialist training in Embodied Trauma (acknowledging how trauma can affect the physical and psychological well being)
- Eating disorder / currently studying
- EMDR qualified
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
I offer concessionary rates for those on limited income and full fee is £40.00 per session / £35.00 for a block booking of 6 x sessions.
Supervision per 1hour session is £50.00 reduced fee can be arranged for those starting out and students
Group work is £20.00 per session.
I have worked in the community for many years as a carer of the elderly, support worker with individuals that have learning difficulties supporting them in life skills and practical difficulties. However...
Over twenty years ago i started volunteering as a group facilitator with a support group for carer's looking after loved ones with dementia, i learnt a lot about life and the uniqueness of each individual. I went on to volunteer with a rape crisis centre as a counsellor on the telephone listening to people that could be traumatised so badly they could not see how their life would ever be different. It was then i chose to go into more training and specialise as a therapist and this changed my life, I continued to work there seeing clients face to face both men and women for several years.
In my practice I can offer support and possible hope for change with people who feel lost or in some way overwhelmed in life due to chronic and/or progressive conditions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday, Tuesday evening appointments and Flexible day time appointments through out the week available
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am an experienced senior accredited supervisor in group and individual supervision and work integratively believing Hawkins & Shohet theory supported by the forming and storming group process theory can enable and appreciate the counsellors professional process and personal experience.