Sue Seager MBACP Registered
01628 530276 / 07710 739073
I provide a safe, accepting, confidential environment for exploring problems, feelings, experiences and relationships without pressure or judgement. Although we cannot change what has happened to us, we can alter how we feel about it. Therapy can help you move forward, find a sense of purpose and peacefulness rather than being held back by sadness anxiety, panic or negative experiences.
If you are not sure, I offer a free initial introduction to meet me and answer any questions you might have about counselling. I work with adults and young people aged 11 and above across a broad range of emotional wellbeing issues and have particular experience and interest in working with 'teenage issues' and with psychological trauma including working with survivors of abuse.
My approach is integrative, combining the person-centred listening skills of my original qualification with approaches from additional training and experience that are relevant to your individual needs.The most important thing is to find the best way of supporting you so you feel safe, listened to and understood. I can work relationally on a long term basis with more complex issues or provide solution-focused or CBT approaches to people who are looking for tools and strategies for change.
If sitting in a counselling room sounds intimidating or off-putting, I can also offer 'walk and talk' therapy. This includes the benefits to the mind and body of gentle physical exercise as well as a chance to talk more informally outdoors.
I also provide individual and group clinical supervision to qualified therapists and counsellors in training.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Professional Diploma in the Theory and Practice of Counselling
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision Skills
- Certificate in Applied Trauma Studies ( UK Psychological Trauma Society)
- Certificate in Trauma Focused CBT(Anna Freud Centre)
- Emotional Freedom Techniques Level 2
- Additional training in CBT, Solution Focused Brief Interventions, Attachment, Trauma and Dissociation
I am a sessional tutor in counselling at a local Further Education college and provide clinical supervision to a CAMHS service within the NHS. Before concentrating on private practice, I worked for a major national children's charity as a senior practitioner and have worked as a school counsellor and in forensic setting with young offenders.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Dissociative disorders
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Developmental trauma
- Gay friendy
- Gender identity
- Gender fluid
- Gender dysphoria
- Health anxiety
- Voice hearing
Photos & videos
- Counselling: £45.00 per hourly session
- One to one Clinical Supervision: £50 per hour
- Group supervision: Please contact me to discuss needs and fees
Fee concessions may be available depending on individual circumstances. I offer a student rate for counsellors in training for personal therapy and supervision.
I have an enhanced DBS check and hold full professional indemnity insurance.
My memberships include; The UK Psychological Trauma Society, TAG The Trauma Action Group, 'Friend of PODS', member of the Bucks DVA( Domestic Violence Action) Champions Network. I am a dissociation friendly therapist and supervisor.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Week day daytime or evening appointments
Types of client
Supervision & training
I provide one to one and group supervision to counsellors in training and qualified counsellors.