Sue Keeble Reg. MBACP Snr.Accred. PG Dip.Advanced Counselling Studies (BACP Acc)
Are you sad, overwhelmed, anxious, depressed, afraid, wondering how to make changes in your life?
Talking with an impartial professional who will listen without judgement can be calming, relieving, can help you take control again and improve self-confidence.
Perhaps loss, a relationship or work crisis, bullying, abuse, trauma or your childhood experiences are causing your distress.
Would you like to sleep better, stop smoking/lose weight, change a habit or navigate a transition in your life.
I am a Registered Senior Accredited BACP Counsellor, Psychotherapist and Supervisor with more than 22 years experience successfully working with clients in NHS, University settings and in my Private Practice
- I adhere to the BACP Ethical Framework and have professional insurance and a current DBS certificate
- Clients reach me either by self referral or via their Private Medical Insurance or
- Employee Assistance Programmes
- As a qualified general nurse,when appropriate, my therapy work is informed by many years of experience in secondary and primary care, particularly helpful when working with allied professionals and clients who also have physical health challenges.
- How I work
I believe a trusting, relationship is central to successful therapy.
I provide confidential, discreet, empathic, Integrative therapy including:
Person Centred, Cognitive Behavioural (CBT), Solution Focused, Psychodynamic, Mindfulness and Hypnotherapy.
Offering a combination of approaches enables me to adapt our work to meet your individual therapy needs.
- What to expect
I always suggest a first assessment session, in which I'm interested to learn why you need help and what brings you at this time in your life. We then decide how best to proceed.
In ongoing sessions I will help you express your thoughts, and feelings, enabling you to work towards the changes you hope for.
Sessions last for 50 minutes and usually take place weekly, we can agree 2 weekly intervals if that is more suitable for you.
Short term work is typically 6-8 sessions.
Longer term work is also available, this being regularly reviewed together and agreed as we progress.
- For further information please contact me by phone, text or email, I will respond to you within 24hours. Please indicate when it would be best to return your call and whether I can leave a message on the number you provide.
- Thank you for reading my profile, I hope the information is of help to you in deciding to access therapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
Post Graduate Diploma in Advanced Counselling Studies.(BACP Accredited course)
- BACP.Senior Accredited Counsellor and Psychotherapist
- UKRCP Registered Independent Counsellor/Psychotherapist.
- M.A. ellectives :
- Brief Therapy,
Further Training includes:
- Couple Counselling
- Solution Focused Therapy
- BACP Endorsed Hypnotherapy.
- Rewind technique.
- Brief Therapy
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
£35 initial assessment of one hour
£45 Counselling/Psychotherapy per hour thereafter.
£50 Hypnotherapy (Stand alone therapy, e.g stop smoking, sleep problems, weight loss)
£50 Couple Counselling
Fees are paid at the appointment either by personal cheque or cash, bank transfer.
Typically my clients travel from Cheshire,Wirral, Merseyside,Manchester and N.Wales.
There is free parking available outside my counselling premises.
Other areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
Work Related issues for Medical and Emergency Service professionals
The psychological & emotional effects caused by: Acute or chronic physical problems, past
Boarding School experiences,
Maternal birth trauma, pre and post natal loss and depression.
Trauma, loss, depression and adjustment problems sometimes experienced by new fathers.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments can be arranged during the daytime, evenings and Saturday mornings.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|