Sue Keeble Reg. MBACP Snr.Accred. PG Dip.Advanced Counselling Studies (BACP Acc)
Are you struggling with anxiety, feeling overwhelmed, depressed, afraid, needing help to change the way you feel about yourself?
Talking with an impartial professional who won't judge you can bring a sense of healing and relief, clarity, control and self-confidence.
Perhaps a recent or past loss, a relationship or work crisis, bullying, abuse, trauma, your childhood experiences are causing your distress. Perhaps you are unsure why, or why now, you feel as you do.
Maybe you would like help to sleep, stop smoking/lose weight, change a habit or navigate a transition in your life.
I am a Registered Senior Accredited BACP Counsellor, Psychotherapist and Supervisor with
20 years experience of working with clients in NHS, University settings and in my Private
- I adhere to the BACP Ethical Framework and have professional insurance and a current DBS certificate
- Clients reach me either by self referral or via their
- Private Medical Insurance or
- Employee Assistance Programmes
- As a qualified general nurse,when appropriate, my therapy work is informed by many years of experience in secondary and primary care, particularly helpful when working with allied professionals and clients who also have physical health challenges.
- How I work
I believe a trusting, relationship is central to successful therapy
and provide confidential, discreet, empathic, Integrative therapy including:
Person Centred, Cognitive Behavioural (CBT), Solution Focused, Psychodynamic, Mindfulness and Hypnotherapy.
Working with a combination of therapy approaches enables me to adapt therapy to meet your individual needs.
- What to expect
Working in my dedicated office I offer a respectful, safe, non-judgemental space away from the pressures of daily life.
We will work within the limits of what you decide to disclose, this is always your choice.
At our first assessment session I will invite you to say some of what brings you to therapy and what you hope to gain from our work.
In that session we can discover if we can work together and how best to work to meet your individual needs.
In ongoing sessions I will help you express your thoughts, and feelings, enabling you to work towards the changes you hope for.
Sometimes therapy can temporarily create more challenging feelings until progress and change begins, working together with these feelings can enhance our work and your understanding and acceptance of yourself.
Sessions last for 50 minutes and usually take place weekly, we can agree 2 weekly intervals if that is more suitable for you.
Short term work is typically 6-8 sessions.
Longer term work is also available, this being regularly reviewed together and agreed as we progress.
- For further information please contact me by phone, text or email, I will respond to you within 24hours. Please indicate when it would be best to return your call and whether I can leave a message on the number you provide.
- I look forward to working with you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Advanced Counselling Studies.(BACP Accredited course)
- BACP.Senior Accredited Counsellor and Psychotherapist
- UKRCP Registered Independent Counsellor/Psychotherapist.
- M.A. ellectives :
- Brief Therapy,
Further Training includes:
- Couple Counselling
- Solution Focused Therapy
- BACP Endorsed Hypnotherapy.
- Rewind technique.
- Brief Therapy
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
£35 initial assessment of one hour
£40 Counselling/Psychotherapy per hour thereafter.
£50 Hypnotherapy (Stand alone therapy, e.g stop smoking, sleep problems, weight loss)
£50 Couple Counselling
Fees are paid at the appointment either by personal cheque or cash.
Typically my clients travel from Cheshire,Wirral, Merseyside,Manchester and N.Wales.
There is free parking available outside my counselling premises.
Other areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
Work Related issues for Medical and Emergency Service professionals
The psychological & emotional effects caused by: Acute or chronic physical problems, past
Boarding School experiences,
Birth trauma, pre and post natal loss and depression.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments can be arranged during the daytime, evenings and Saturday mornings.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|