Sue Keeble Reg. MBACP Snr.Accred. UKRCP Reg.Independent Therapist
Hello, I'm Sue,
We can all feel daunted and overwhelmed at times, reaching out for therapy with a trained, experienced and impartial person offers the beginnings of clarity and healing, a restored sense of control and improved self-confidence.
You have already started that process by reading this.
Perhaps you feel anxious, angry, stressed, depressed, troubled by your experience of loss, trauma, abuse or childhood experiences, facing a relationship crisis?
Are you tired of pretending all is well?
Maybe you would like help to sleep better, stop smoking/lose weight, change a habit or navigate a transition in your life: a relationship, parenthood, mid-life, retirement.
- I am a Registered Senior Accredited BACP Counsellor, Psychotherapist and Supervisor and have more than 19 years experience working with clients in NHS, University settings and in my Private Practitice.
- Offering an ethical, professional approach to all my work, I see clients with a wide range of concerns, those who self refer, those who need a Recognised Provider for BUPA, Aviva, Axa, and clients of Employee Assistance Programmes
- As a qualified nurse,when appropriate, my therapy work is informed by many years of experience in secondary and primary care, particularly helpful when working with allied professionals and clients who also have physical health challenges.
- How I work
I believe a trusting, relationship is central to successful outcomes,
and provide confidential, discreet, empathic, Integrative Therapy including:
Person Centred, Cognitive Behavioural (CBT), Solution Focused, Psychodynamic, Mindfulness and Hypnotherapy.
Working with a combination of therapy approaches enables me to adapt therapy to meet your individual needs.
- What to expect
I offer you a respectful, safe, non-judgemental space away from the pressures of daily life. We will always work within comfortable limits for you and what you disclose or not is always your choice.
At our first assessment session I will invite you to say what brings you to therapy and what you hope to gain from our work. In that session we can discover if we can work together and how best to work to meet your individual needs.
In our ongoing sessions I will help you express your thoughts, and feelings, enabling you to work towards the changes you hope for.
Sometimes therapy can temporarily create more challenging feelings until progress and change begins, working together with these feelings can enhance our work and your understanding and acceptance of yourself.
Sessions last for 50 minutes and usually take place weekly, we can agree 2 weekly intervals if that is more suitable for you.
Short term work typically lasts for 6-8 wewks.
Longer term work is also available, this being regularly reviewed together and agreed as we progress.
- For further information please contact me by phone, text or email, I will respond to you within 24hours.
- I look forward to working with you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Advanced Counselling Studies.(BACP Accredited course)
- BACP.Senior Accredited Counsellor and Psychotherapist
- UKRCP Registered Independent Counsellor/Psychotherapist.
- M.A. ellectives :
- Brief Therapy,
Further Training includes:
- Couple Counselling
- Solution Focused Therapy
- BACP Endorsed Hypnotherapy.
- Rewind technique.
- Brief Therapy
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
£35 initial assessment of one hour
£40 Counselling/Psychotherapy per hour thereafter.
£50 Hypnotherapy (Stand alone therapy, e.g stop smoking, sleep problems, weight loss)
£50 Couple Counselling
Fees are paid at the appointment either by personal cheque or cash.
Typically my clients travel from Cheshire,Wirral, Merseyside and Manchester.
There is parking available outside my counselling premises.
Other areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
Work Related issues for Medical and Emergency Service professionals
The psychological & emotional effects caused by: Acute or chronic physical problems, past
Boarding School experiences,Birth trauma, pre and post natal loss.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments can be arranged during the daytime, evenings and Saturday mornings.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|