Sue Hope-Kristoffersen MBACP (Accred.) Counsellor
We all experience difficulties at some time in our lives; losses, changes, challenges. Either following a significant event or, sometimes when we cannot understand the cause.
Counselling gives us the opportunity to make sense of difficult thoughts, feelings, behaviours and fears that can be overwhelming when struggling with them alone.
I endeavour to provide a confidential, safe space and an unbiased, non-judgemental therapeutic relationship - to enable exploration and understanding.
What to Expect
Prior to meeting you may have questions, so please don’t hesitate to email or phone me first. If I am not available please leave a message so I can call back as soon as possible.
An initial consultation session will give us the opportunity to decide whether this route is right for you. We will explore what you are looking for from counselling, and how we can work together towards those goals.
There is no commitment to meet again but if we agree to go ahead we will arrange a day and time to meet, usually on a weekly basis, this can be for a set number of sessions with a clear focus, or on a more open ended basis.
How I Work
My main counselling model is psychodynamic. However, over time I have developed an integrative approach, which is tailored to the individual and may incorporate the use of different therapeutic tools and approaches including CBT, solution focused, relationship therapy.
I work with a wide variety of issues and offer both short term and open ended counselling, according to need.
Training, qualifications & experience
My experience spans over twenty years of working with individuals and companies, in different settings, covering the voluntary, public and corporate sectors.
Spending many years living and working overseas has also given me valuable insight into the impact of both relocation and repatriation.
Public and Voluntary Sectors:
- Working for a national disability charity
- Facilitating Family Group Conferences - local authority, cross disciplinary, focus on young people
- Working in the criminal justice sector
- Working in a voluntary capacity for organisations offering low cost counselling
- Founder member of a counselling practice offering longer term counselling support.
- Working for Employee Assistance Providers:
- Specialising in critical incident/ trauma work supporting organisations and individuals before, during and after traumatic events.
- Providing Resilience and Change assessments, especially catering for those in high risk role
(MBACP Accred.) Member British Assoc. Counselling & Psychotherapy
(EMDR UK & Ire) Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing - registered therapist
- Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling - The Westminster Pastoral Foundation.
- Advanced Certificate in Psychodynamic Counselling
- Brief solution focused therapy
- Certificate in EMDR stage III
- CBT - short course
- Psychological First Aid
Attending annually - Continuing professional development training/workshops
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
£45.00 per session
My counselling practice is in Henley-on-Thames, with easy access to public transport links and surrounding areas of Berks, Bucks and Oxon.
At my practice street parking is available, and public car parks are a short walking distance away.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Wheelchair user access:|| |
There is one step up to the property and a step over the threshold. My counselling room is up one flight of steps but I can sometimes arrange a session on the ground floor.
Types of client