Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
You may be feeling overwhelmed with the circumstances in your life; wanting to make changes, but unsure of how to move forward; taking a step back and reviewing your current situation may be the answer.
There may be past issues now affecting your everyday life. You maybe wanting to make sense of life or relationships, either past or present. In any type of loss or major life event we are often faced with forced life changes; normal life events change unexpectedly, which can bring about confusion, a sense of losing control, creating a feeling of raised anxiety…sometimes it’s not always possible to share what we’re feeling with family or close friends. This can feel overwhelming and lead to a deep sense of loss, anxiety, anger, loneliness, low self-esteem, depression.
I believe my understanding of people's experience of loss / grief underpins all of my counselling work.
I am an integrative counsellor trained in several counselling theories; Psychodynamic, Person centred and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, adapting the work to suit each person’s situation.
In my private practice I offer short term (usually 6 sessions) or longer term therapy to both individuals and couples.
I also work as a Specialist Perinatal Counsellor with Petals Charity at the Rosie / Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge. Here I support parents affected by stillbirth, neonatal loss, postnatal depression, poor diagnosis of fetal anomalies, antenatal anxiety, miscarriage, IVF anxiety, historic losses.
Previous clinical experience includes working within an NHS Counselling Service / GP referrals for a range of anxiety related issues; loss / grief; health, loneliness, separation and divorce, finance, suicide, trauma, redundancy, abuse and identity issues…leading to anxiety disorders, including panic attacks, low self-esteem or depression.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered member of BACP - Certificate of Proficiency
- Higher Professional Diploma in Counselling; Huntingdonshire Regional College
- AQA Advanced Certificate in Counselling Parts 1 & 2
- OCN Level 3 - Community Support Worker; Luton Primary Care Trust
- Bereavement Counselling Diploma Course - Unit 1; Accreditation Greenwich University
- Private Practice; General counselling
- Specialist Perinatal Counsellor for Petals Charity at the Rosie / Addenbrookes Hospital; trauma and loss in pregnancy and birth.
- General Counsellor; Community Counselling Service NHS.
- Volunteer; supporting adults; National Bereavement Service.
- Training Coordinator and Accredited Family Support Worker; Child Bereavement and Trauma Service: working with Children and Young People and their parents in grief.
- Accredited Bereavement Volunteer with Cruse National Bereavement Service
Key Training & CPD:
- Specialist Perinatal Counselling
- The Psychology and Trauma of PTSD
- Bereavement Counselling Diploma Course - Unit 2
- The Impact of Perinatal Loss on the Couple and the Family
- Uncertainty and Loss in Neonatal Care
- Antenatal Anxiety
- Anxiety and OCD
- Pregnancy Loss and the Death of a Baby
- Complicated Grief
- Working with Uncertainty
- Understanding the Effects of Childhood Sexual Abuse in Adults
- Loss and Grief: Children and Adults
- Anticipatory Grief
- Children and Loss
- Bereavement: Adults
- Bereavement: Children and Young People
- Child Bereavement & Trauma Service Volunteer Training
- Family Links Nurturing Programme: Training for Parent Group Leader
- Sudden Death and Trauma
- Bereavement by Suicide
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Neonatal death
- Trauma / depression following delivery
- Diagnosis of fetal anomalies
- Antenatal Anxiety
- Miscarriage (early or later losses)
- IVF anxiety
- Fear of pregnancy / birth
- Birth trauma
- Historic loss
- Ending a Pregnancy for Fetal Anomaly
I see individuals and couples for therapy for the above
£50 per 60 minute session.
If you would like to speak to me to arrange an initial appointment, please do call me on 07941 403960 in confidence. Should I be unavailable to take your call, please leave a message on the confidential answer phone and I will return your call as soon as possible.
Alternatively, send a text message in confidence on 07941 403960 with your contact details or email me on email@example.com and I will get back to you.
When I work
Day times: Monday to Friday. Some evenings
A Registered member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy.
BACP Certificate of Proficiency No.
Listed on the BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists and adhere to their code of ethics. I also hold full professional indemnity insurance.
Ongoing Continuing Professional Development, and regular supervision to ensure I am working at a safe and high level of counselling.
I have current Child Protection training.