You may be feeling overwhelmed with the circumstances in your life; wanting to make changes, but unsure of how to move forward; taking a step back and reviewing your current situation may be the answer.
There may be past issues now affecting your everyday life. You maybe wanting to make sense of life or relationships, either past or present. In any type of loss or major life event we are often faced with forced life changes; normal life events change unexpectedly, which can bring about confusion, a sense of losing control, creating a feeling of raised anxiety…sometimes it’s not always possible to share what we’re feeling with family or close friends. This can feel overwhelming and lead to a deep sense of loss, anxiety, anger, loneliness, low self-esteem, depression.
I believe my understanding of people's experience of loss / grief underpins all of my counselling work.
I am an integrative counsellor trained in several counselling theories; Psychodynamic, Person centred and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, adapting the work to suit each person’s situation.
In my private practice I offer short term (usually 6 sessions) or longer term therapy to both individuals and couples.
I also work as a Specialist Perinatal Counsellor with Petals Charity at the Rosie / Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge. Here I support parents affected by stillbirth, neonatal loss, postnatal depression, poor diagnosis of fetal anomalies, antenatal anxiety, miscarriage, IVF anxiety, historic losses.
Previous clinical experience includes working within an NHS Counselling Service / GP referrals for a range of anxiety related issues; loss / grief; health, loneliness, separation and divorce, finance, suicide, trauma, redundancy, abuse and identity issues…leading to anxiety disorders, including panic attacks, low self-esteem or depression.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered member of BACP - Certificate of Proficiency
- Higher Professional Diploma in Counselling; Huntingdonshire Regional College
- AQA Advanced Certificate in Counselling Parts 1 & 2
- OCN Level 3 - Community Support Worker; Luton Primary Care Trust
- Bereavement Counselling Diploma Course - Unit 1; Accreditation Greenwich University
- Private Practice; General counselling
- Specialist Perinatal Counsellor for Petals Charity at the Rosie / Addenbrookes Hospital; trauma and loss in pregnancy and birth.
- General Counsellor; Community Counselling Service NHS.
- Volunteer; supporting adults; National Bereavement Service.
- Training Coordinator and Accredited Family Support Worker; Child Bereavement and Trauma Service: working with Children and Young People and their parents in grief.
- Accredited Bereavement Volunteer with Cruse National Bereavement Service
Key Training & CPD:
- Specialist Perinatal Counselling
- The Psychology and Trauma of PTSD
- Bereavement Counselling Diploma Course - Unit 2
- The Impact of Perinatal Loss on the Couple and the Family
- Uncertainty and Loss in Neonatal Care
- Antenatal Anxiety
- Anxiety and OCD
- Pregnancy Loss and the Death of a Baby
- Complicated Grief
- Working with Uncertainty
- Understanding the Effects of Childhood Sexual Abuse in Adults
- Loss and Grief: Children and Adults
- Anticipatory Grief
- Children and Loss
- Bereavement: Adults
- Bereavement: Children and Young People
- Child Bereavement & Trauma Service Volunteer Training
- Family Links Nurturing Programme: Training for Parent Group Leader
- Sudden Death and Trauma
- Bereavement by Suicide
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Neonatal death
- Trauma / depression following delivery
- Diagnosis of fetal anomalies
- Antenatal Anxiety
- Miscarriage (early or later losses)
- IVF anxiety
- Fear of pregnancy / birth
- Birth trauma
- Historic loss
- Ending a Pregnancy for Fetal Anomaly
I see individuals and couples for therapy for the above
£50 per 60 minute session.
If you would like to speak to me to arrange an initial appointment, please do call me on 07941 403960 in confidence. Should I be unavailable to take your call, please leave a message on the confidential answer phone and I will return your call as soon as possible.
Alternatively, send a text message in confidence on 07941 403960 with your contact details or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get back to you.
Day times: Monday to Friday. Some evenings
A Registered member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy.
BACP Certificate of Proficiency No.
Listed on the BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists and adhere to their code of ethics. I also hold full professional indemnity insurance.
Ongoing Continuing Professional Development, and regular supervision to ensure I am working at a safe and high level of counselling.
I have current Child Protection training.