Stuart Watson(RMBACP)Adult Counselling/C.B.T/Experienced Childrens Therapist
I am offering a 25% reduction on appointments at only £30.00 instead of £40.00.
Epictetus, in the first century, said: "Men are not disturbed by things, but by the view they take of them". CBT says that it is not the event which causes the emotion (and our behavioural reaction) but the meaning we give that event - or what we think ABOUT that event.
Are you finding life a struggle at the moment? Do you need someone to listen to you without judging you or trying to fix things for you? I Have successfully helped people with depression, relationship difficulties, Aspergers(ASD), Childrens play therapy, low self esteem, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, anxiety, stress, anger management, addiction, couples counseling, gambling addiction, bereavement, Seasonal affective disorder, and many of life's other difficulties.I Myself have survived 5 strokes and understand the difficulties of living with an invisible Brain injury.
I appreciate how difficult it can be to take that first step and take back control of your life. If you are an anxious person then making that first phone call can sometimes just be too much, so if its easier for you please feel free to email or text me on:
Or Email me
Who am I:
Hi i am Stuart I am a bacp registered counsellor with over 10 years experience, I run a private practice in the town of Nantwich,Cheshire.
I work in a confidential non-judgmental way in which we together work to enable you to move forward and to achieve your true potential. I do this job because i enjoy helping people change and empower themselves to;let go of their pain,take control of their anger,change their relationship and become who they want to be .I believe everybody has the ability to change and grow and still find it so inspirational when clients turn their lives around and become the people they have always wanted to be.
It may not easy to change, but all you need is time, patience, support and to believe in yourself.
I am here to offer you that support and understanding without judgment and to do this I use an integrated therapy approach using Person-centered/Cognitive Behavioural therapy to enable you not only the space to be heard but also the tools and techniques to help you make the changes you need.
- I am a full member of the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- I am fully insured.
- I offer both Individual and Couples Counselling.
- I have a clean and current Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check available to view.
- I offer both evening and weekend appointments.
Please feel free to call or text to make appointment on 07780115654 or email me.
I have and do work as a counsellor in:
- Private practice
- As a college counsellor
- As a high school counsellor
- And as a counsellor at a charity for single parents.
- As a Workplace counsellor working for an occupational health company.
- As a Relationship counsellor working with couples.
- Worked with individuals and families living with Autisum
- I also Provide a dedicated Anger management program
Testimonials: all with permission of clients but remaining anonymous:
"Working with you was awesome you stayed with me through thick and thin and helped me believe in myself and let go of my anger.I will always be grateful!!"
"Stuart you helped my son become the happy and fun loving child i always knew he could be thank you so much."
"Working with you I found out that my life isn't perfect and never will be but it doesn't matter because its good enough for me and i have bad days and good days, but thats all they are and they always pass!! Thank you so much"!!
"As someone sexually abused as a child i never wanted to talk or look at what happened to me but through talking and expressing my emotions i feel i have my life back.I can never change what happened to me but don't feel i need to as it was part of what makes me who i am today. And i like who I am thank you, thank you, thank you."
What is Individual counselling?
A counsellor is trained to listen with empathy (by putting themselves in your shoes). They can help you deal with any negative thoughts and feelings that you may have.
Counselling aims to help you deal with and overcome issues that are causing pain or making you feel uncomfortable.It can provide a safe and regular space for you to talk and to explore difficult feelings. The counsellor is there to support you, hear you and respect your views. They will not usually give advice, but will help you to find your own insight and understanding of your problems.
How many sessions does it take?
As i am a private counselor sessions are only limited by yourself.I suggest you keep coming while you think its helping and eventually you will no longer feel the need to come each week.However People often pop back for a few sessions after a long break.You are in control of how many or few sessions you require.
Training, qualifications & experience
- DECIDER CBT TRAINING
- UNDERSTANDING ADHD AND AUTSUM
- DIPLOMA IN ANIMAL ASSISTED THERAPY 2018
- SAFEGUARDING UPDATE 2018
- CERTIFICATE IN SOLUTION FOCUSED THERAPY 2018
- SAFEGUARDING UPDATE 2017
- MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS 2017
- WORKING WITH GRIEF AND LOSS 2017
MINDFULLNESS IN COUNSELLING 2016
- WORKING WITH MINATURES IN PLAY THERAPY 2016
- WORKING WITH THERAPUTIC PLAY 2016
- SAFEGUARDING 2016
- UNIVERSITY CERTIFICATE IN COGNITIVE BEHAVIORAL THERAPY (UWS) 2012
- MEMBER OF BRITISH ASSOCIATION OF COUNSELLING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY (2012)
- GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN COUNSELLING (MMU) 2011
- CERTIFICATE OF HIGHER EDUCATION IN COUNSELLING (MMU) 2009
- INTERMEDIATE COUNSELLING SKILLS (SOUTH CHESHIRE COLLEGE) 2006
- COUNSELLING SKILLS (SOUTH CHESHIRE COLLEGE) 2005
CONTINUAL PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- CERTIFICATE IN COMMON ASSESSMENT FRAMEWORK TRAINING 2013
- CERTIFICATE IN IDENTFIYING LEAD PROFESSIONAL 2013
- DIPLOMA IN DIET AND NUTRITION 2013
- INTRODUCTION TO PLAY THERAPY 2012
- MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS 2011
- SELF HARM 2011
- WORKING WITH LOSS AND ILLNESS 2011
- STRESS MANAGEMENT 2011TIF
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Person-centred therapy
- Play therapy
- Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
Photos & videos
If you are struggling financially please let me know and I will look at lower price for you.
£40.00 Per 50min single client Counselling session.(£30.00 IN JANUARY)
£30.00 Reduced Rate for those on a low income.
£25.00 for fulltime students/counselling students.
£45.00 Per 50min CBT session.
£30.00 Per 40 min For Young childrens Play therapy.
£40.00 per 60min SKYPE Counselling session.Individuals only.
(Payable in advance via Paypal.)
£45.00 Per Session for Insurance and EAP claims.
Concessions available, please ask.
Off road parking available.
Flexible days, Evenings and weekends available.
On a regular, easily accessible bus route.
Please contact me by phone, email or text and I will reply as soon as possible.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I work weekdays and evenings also Saturdays please ask for information and i will endeavor to find a suitable time for you.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|