Stuart Watson(RMBACP) Individual / Child Counselling and C.B.T Therapy.
The Nantwich Therapy Centre Suite 11
Are you finding life a struggle at the moment? Do you need someone to listen to you without judging you or trying to fix things for you? I Have successfully helped people with depression,relationship difficulties,Aspergers(ASD),Childrens play therapy, low self esteem,Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, anxiety, stress, anger management, addiction, couples counseling, gambling addiction,bereavement, Seasonal affective disorder,and many of life's other difficulties.
I appreciate how difficult it can be to take that first step and take back control of your life.If you are an anxious person then making that first phone call can sometimes just be too much, so if its easier for you please feel free to email or text me on:
Or Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who am I:
Hi i am Stuart and I run a private practice called the Nantwich Therapy Centre.This is set in the quiet setting of Regents park just outside the town of Nantwich,Cheshire.
I work in a confidential non-judgmental way in which we together work to enable you to move forward and to achieve your true potential. I do this job because i enjoy helping people change and empower themselves to;let go of their pain,take control of their anger,change their relationship and become who they want to be .I believe everybody has the ability to change and grow and still find it so inspirational when clients turn their lives around and become the people they have always wanted to be.
It may not easy to change, but all you need is time, patience,support and to believe in yourself.
I am here to offer you that support and understanding without judgment and to do this I use an integrated therapy approach using Person-centered/Cognitive Behavioral therapy to enable you not only the space to be heard but also the tools and techniques to help you make the changes you need.
- I am a full member of the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- I am fully insured.
- I offer both Individual and Couples Counselling.
- I have a clean and current Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check available to view.
- I offer both evening and weekend appointments.
Please feel free to call or text to make appointment on 07780115654.
Or Email me at Stuart@thenantwichtherapycentre.co.uk
I have and do work as a counsellor in:
- Private practice
- As a college counsellor
- As a high school counsellor
- And as a counsellor at a charity for single parents.
- As a Workplace counsellor working for an occupational health company.
- As a Relationship counsellor working with couples.
- Worked with individuals and families living with Autisum
- I also Provide a dedicated Anger management program
Testimonials: all with permission of clients but remaining anonymous:
"Working with you was awesome you stayed with me through thick and thin and helped me believe in myself and let go of my anger.I will always be grateful!!"
"Stuart you helped my son become the happy and funloving child i always knew he could be thankyou so much."
"Working with you I found out that my life isn't perfect and never will be but it dosn't matter because its good enough for me and i have bad days and good days, but thats all they are and they always pass!! Thankyou so much"!!
"As someone sexually abused as a child i never wanted to talk or look at what happend to me but through talking and expressing my emotions i feel i have my life back.I can never change what happended to me but do'nt feel i need to as it was part of what makes me who i am today.And i like who i am thankyou,thankyou,thankyou."
What is Individual counselling?
A counsellor is trained to listen with empathy (by putting themselves in your shoes). They can help you deal with any negative thoughts and feelings that you may have.
Counselling aims to help you deal with and overcome issues that are causing pain or making you feel uncomfortable.It can provide a safe and regular space for you to talk and to explore difficult feelings. The counsellor is there to support you,hear you and respect your views. They will not usually give advice, but will help you to find your own insight and understanding of your problems.
What is Couples Counselling?
Lets face it the modern world is a tough and stressfull place and at times we can take out that stress on our loved ones leading to couples stopping communicating,looking for affection elsewhere and slowly drift apart.Couples counselling provides you with a safe place to explore whats going on in your relationship whats missing and try to get "back on track".
I am really passionate about couples counselling and throughout the counselling process,i will attempt to help both partners see the relationship in a more objective, understanding manner.I won't judge or critise your relationship or label you as a good and bad guy, Instead i will explore objectively with you how you interact, what works and what doesn't and what you feel needs to change.In this way i find that couples learn to stop playing the "blame game" stop shouting and start listening and are able to stop going round in circles as they may of done before.
Relationship counselling enables you as a couple to:
- understand each other better - one of the greatest benefits of couple counselling
- manage and accept differences of opinion
- improve how you communitcate in your relationship
- explore whether there is still hope or whether to end the relationship
- talk more and learn to how hear and be heard more
- learn problem solving techniques
- identify your wants and needs and desires
- identify and ackowledge what is works well in your relationship/marriage there are always things that you are doing really well!
- move on from and accept the disappointments, hurts and anger
- move on if it is your decision to end the relationship/marriage
- identify your resources as a couple
- explore the impact of ending your relationship - positive and negative
- heal and move on when you are getting over an affair, affairs mean something is wrong with the relationship not that it needs to end.
- learn and understand the differences in male and female brains!!
- get to know yourself better and come to like yourself and your partner for who you are.
If you feel your relationship is stuck, please give me a call. Taking that first step in admitting there is a problem may feel upsetting, but its also the first step in rebuilding your relationship and making it what you both deserve.
Training, qualifications & experience
SAFEGUARDING UPDATE 2017
MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS 2017
WORKING WITH GRIEF AND LOSS 2017
MINDFULLNESS IN COUNSELLING 2016
WORKING WITH MINATURES IN PLAY THERAPY 2016
WORKING WITH THERAPUTIC PLAY 2016
UNIVERSITY CERTIFICATE IN COGNITIVE BEHAVIORAL THERAPY (UWS) 2012
MEMBER OF BRITISH ASSOCIATION OF COUNSELLING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY (2012)
GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN COUNSELLING (MMU) 2011
CERTIFICATE OF HIGHER EDUCATION IN COUNSELLING (MMU) 2009
INTERMEDIATE COUNSELLING SKILLS (SOUTH CHESHIRE COLLEGE) 2006
COUNSELLING SKILLS (SOUTH CHESHIRE COLLEGE) 2005
CONTINUAL PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
CERTIFICATE IN COMMON ASSESMENT FRAMEWORK TRAINING 2013
CERTIFICATE IN IDENTFIYING LEAD PROFESSIONAL 2013
DIPLOMA IN DIET AND NUTRITION 2013
INTRODUCTION TO PLAY THERAPY 2012
MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS 2011
SELF HARM 2011
WORKING WITH LOSS AND ILLNESS 2011
STRESS MANAGEMENT 2011TIF
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
Photos & videos
If you are struggling financially please let me know and I will look at lower price for you.
£35.00 Per 50min single client Counselling session.
£30.00 Reduced Rate for those on a low income.
£25.00 for fulltime students/counselling students.
£60.00 Per 60min Couples Counselling session.
£45.00 Per 50min CBT session.
£30.00 Per 40 min For Young childrens Play therapy.
£40.00 per 60min SKYPE Counselling session.Individuals only.
(Payable in advance via Paypal.)
£45.00 Per Session for Insurance and EAP claims.
Concessions available, please ask.
Off road parking available.
Flexible days, Evenings and weekends available.
On a regular, easily accessible bus route.
Please contact me by phone,email or text and I will reply as soon as possible.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I work weekdays and evenings also Saturdays please ask for information and i will endeavor to find a suitable time for you.