Steve Newton - Analyse2Harmonise
Hi, thank you for clicking on my profile, my name is Steve Newton, and I've been a qualified counsellor and BACP member for 11 years. I offer a professional and confidential individual counselling service for all ages including children/teenagers and the elderly. I also offer counselling practitioners supervision and supportive services.
I can offer you a supportive, understanding and compassionate listening ear and shoulder to cry on should you need it. I am also equipped to offer analytical, interpretational therapy. I will meet your needs with a tailor made therapy for your exact needs, wants and desired outcomes. Our time together will be confidential, you will also be reassured to know my work is all carried out within the BACP governing body guidelines of ethics and practice.
Who & What I can help
I have experience working with a wide range of clients including adults, the elderly, children and adolescents.
I have worked with worries such as bereavement, grief and loss. I also have experience working in general Counselling settings working with adult clients on various issue content from depression and anxiety to relationship problems.
I have extensive experience in short term focused work (6, 8, or 12 sessions) along with more mid term work of therapies lasting up to a year with the potential of further work.
Is Counselling Right For You?
With the stresses and commitments of modern life, we can all experience some degree of anxiety, confusion, and depression from time to time in our lives. More often than not, these phases pass by and we move forward but when these feelings become prolonged and begin to affect our day to day living, help is often what is needed.
No matter how impossible a situation may be, there is always a different way of looking at problems, only sometimes, you cannot see the more positive options.
You may find it constructive to use a counsellor to help you through a particular crisis or a difficult time in your life. Counselling gives you the space, time, and freedom to explore possibilities, to look at goals and how to achieve them and to look at your behaviour, or lifestyle and see where they came from or how to change them.
Whether you're dealing with issues of low self-esteem, lack of confidence, feelings of isolation or a relationship that it's the right one for you, a tailor made solution can be constructed to support you through your issues.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CSCT Diploma in Counselling (Psychodynamic).
- City and Guilds Higher (Professional) Diploma in Counselling.
- Diploma in Supervision of Counsellors and other Therapists (Lindum College).
In addition to this I have a broad range of experience in the field, including:
- 2 years placement experience working with students in guidance services (December 2000 to April 2003).
- 2 years experience working with adult clients at Lincoln Centre for Counselling. This was voluntary work for a non specific service working on various issues from depression and anxiety to relationship problems (July 2003 to July 2005).
- 7 years experience working with adults, children, and adolescents at Lincolnshire Centre for Grief and Loss doing short term focused work on bereavement and grief and loss issues (Dec 2004 to Jan 2012).
Substantial extra workshop training in bereavement, grief and loss area and working with children and adolescents.
Also significant lecture attendance at Lincoln Psychotherapy Lectures.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Separation anxiety
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Counselling session £40 (working to the 50 minute hour)
Supervision session £45 per hour.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
Supervision & training
I offer a qualified individual or group supervision service to placement and qualified counsellors in accordance with BACP guidelines.View supervision profile