Sophie Bibby 'Be True Be You'
- Hi, I'm Sophie, a person centred registered counsellor for adults, children, organisations/ employee assistance programmes and schools using counselling, play therapy and solution focused therapy.View my website for support at this difficult time and arrange an appointment.
- The primary basis for my work is to provide a safe, trusting environment where you can build your self esteem and confidence. You may be feeling stuck or lost, struggling to manage difficult emotions, dealing with a bereavement or a current/past trauma which is impacting your life. It is at these times when you need extra support and this is where I can help.
- I have experienced trauma, depression, Cancer, anxiety and panic attacks so I understand how difficult life can be at times. I asked for help and after working hard with personal and professional support I am now happy, confident, at peace and live life to the full. You can choose this, choose you.
- My work experience has involved many well known charities, Samaritans, Maundy Relief, SureStart and Place2Be. I have experience in many areas including abuse, neglect, anxiety, stress, depression, bereavement, relationship and family difficulties. My work with children involves play therapy which allows children to express their feelings in a less painful way. I also help children to manage their emotions in a positive, healthy way, help to increase their self esteem and confidence and support them following attachment difficulties, family breakdown, stress related ailments and abuse.
- For a free consultation please visit my website above.
DURATION OF COUNSELLING
- Brief time limited counselling
- Short term counselling and play therapy
- Long term counselling and play therapy
- Group counselling
- I work flexibly to suit you as an individual and/or to meet the needs of schools and organisations.
*Working with me will increase your confidence, self esteem and motivation and enable you to achieve clarity and peace in an area where you may be struggling.*
Training, qualifications & experience
- Safeguarding (Counselling MindEd)
- Counselling in secondary schools (Counselling MindEd)
- Counselling in schools (Counselling MindEd)
- What is counselling for children, young people and young adults? (Counselling MindEd)
- Adult survivors of sexual abuse
- Focusing and the therapists use of self: Presence and embodiment in client sessions
- Mindfulness in motion
- Anger: How do we deal with it in (and out of) the counselling room?
- Is recovery from an eating disorder possible? Recovery 2015
- The psychology of suicide
- Putting children and young people in the driving seat CYP 2015
- Working with children who get the blame CYP 2015
- The effect of social class/status on therapy with children and young people CYP 2015
- Using a case study to look at attachment when working with children and young people CYP2015
- How to network confidently?
- Borderline Personality Disorder: A different perspective on an overused and stigmatizing diagnosis
- What is sex addiction and what can therapists do?
- Dissociation: A healthy response to trauma!
- Hidden Harm (Action on Addiction)
- Place2Be Child protection and safeguarding
- Place2Be Delivering Place2Talk
- Place2Be Assessment and formulation
- Place2Be Supervision
- Place2Be Group work modules 1 and 2
- Place2Be School project manager training
- Place2Be volunteer counsellor training
- Understanding and supporting people who self harm
- ABC Level 4 Diploma in the Theory and Practice of Counselling
- ABC Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- ABC Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Concepts
- OCNW Certificate in Psychology
- Samaritans training programme
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Free initial telephone consultation for all counselling/therapy
- Adult and child one to one counselling £45.00 one hour session
- Child play therapy £45.00 one hour session
- Fee is £50 for all therapies as of 1st August 2018
- Please note that all children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian
Payment due on day of counselling/therapy by BACS transfer
School based counselling
- Child one to one counselling/Play therapy/Group work
- Price and payment terms provided upon consultation
- Individual one to one counselling
- Price and payment terms provided upon consultation
- £20 admin fee will be added to all late payments
- I have a particular interest for working with adults and children who have been subject to abuse. I am currently increasing my experience in this area in order that I can provide the highest levels of support to people in this vulnerable client group.
- I am privileged to have experience of group counselling with children which is an enriching experience and one which has given me a passion for this area of counselling. Group dynamics and the power of change through group interaction is an amazing process to be a part of. I am currently looking for further avenues in which to enhance my practice in this area.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday/Thursday - 9.30am - 19.00pm (school children appointments available 15.30 - 19.00pm) Tuesday 15.30pm - 17.00pm Wednesday/Friday 9.30am - 17.00pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|