Sonja Esterhuyse Falck
12 Harley Street
07854366871 / +447854 366871
Please feel free to contact me to discuss booking an appointment. In our first appointment we will discuss your needs and goals and together agree on the way forward. I offer consultation in various forms to suit the individual, including long-term work, short-term work, face-to-face and telephone or skype sessions.
My particular interest is in improving relationships. I have a track record since 1996 of successfully helping people navigate relationship challenges so as to find, form, and sustain the relationships they want or come out of relationships that are ending. I work with adult individuals, couples and groups. I am a South African who has long been settled in London.
How I work
I never impose a 'treatment' agenda on a client, but work relationally with you to attend thoughtfully and sensitively to what the main issues are for you. My main approach is psychodynamic, but I integrate elements of CBT, mentalisation, and systemic thinking into my practice. Fees are agreed on an individual basis.
Getting to me
My consulting room is a private, quiet, secure space where you can be free to speak confidentially without interruption.
- Parking is free from 6.30pm, otherwise paid parking is available on the street outside and in two very nearby parking garages. Nearest tube stations are Oxford Circus and Bond Street, both a short walk away. There is a receptionist who will let you in, a waiting area, and a lift and stairs up to the consulting room.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Doctorate in Psychotherapy by Professional Studies (Metanoia Institute and Middlesex University)
- MA Psychoanalysis (Middlesex University)
- BSocSc(Hons) Clinical Psychology (University of Cape Town)
- Psychoanalytic psychotherapy training (Philadelphia Association)
- City & Guilds teaching qualification (PTLLS Level 4)
- EMCC Certificate in Executive Coaching, Senior Practitioner level (Tavistock Consulting)
- I have been in practice since 1996, working with adult individuals, couples and groups. I have been designing and delivering psychology-related workshops and courses in adult education since 2011 (at City Lit, Covent Garden), and am a Senior Lecturer in Counselling and Psychotherapy at the University of East London. I welcome trainee counsellors or psychotherapists who are seeking a training therapist.
- I am a registered psychotherapist and supervisor with the UKCP.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Executive coaching
- Issues related to high IQ
I charge £90 for the first, assessment session. For sessions beyond that, fees are negotiated on an individual basis. Factors taken into consideration are the service required (eg. psychotherapy or executive coaching), location of sessions and their frequency and duration, and individual means.
I am experienced in dealing with a wide range of clients from different ages, genders, sexualities, occupations, races, cultures and national origins. My work approach is open-minded and non-discriminatory. I am experienced in dealing with a wide range of presenting situations including feeling generally low or anxious, facing a specific crisis, seeking help with forming and/or sustaining relationships of any kind including romantic relationships, parenting issues and workplace challenges. The focus of our work together can be on addressing a particular problem or the focus can be on furthering your personal and professional development towards realizing your potential to live a more free and fulfilled life.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Week day evenings up to 11pm. Early morning appointments possible.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|