A very warm welcome and thank you for visiting my profile.
I understand that taking the first steps forward can be challenging, that's why I feel that I can offer you the best support possible.
As an experienced and successful person centred counsellor, I can offer you a safe and confidential environment, where you can express your thoughts and feelings openly.
We can work together to make continued progress to help you achieve your personal goals.
Please call or email me to set up an initial session. The initial session will give us time to talk about what you would like to gain from counselling.
Counselling session types can be of your choice and what you feel most comfortable with. I offer face to face, video or telephone.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Foundation Degree (FdSc) in Counselling Theory and Practice (University of Staffordshire)
- Foundation Course in Bereavement Care
- Level 3 Child Psychology Diploma
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Cruse Bereavement Care (2014-2017)
- Xenzone School Counsellor at Welshpool High School (2018)
- Portcullis Surgery Counsellor (October 2019-Present)
- Private Practice (November 2019-Present)
Recent Continued Professional Development (CPD) in the following areas:
- Child and adult safeguarding
- Suicide prevention
- Shame and guilt
- Child Exploitation
- Eating disorders
- Developing Sexuality
- Working Therapeutically with Intimacy Issues
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Initial Assessment- £35
Counselling Sessions- £40 per hour
Reduced fee available for students, key workers and trainee counsellors
Payment by cash accepted or bank transfer
Concessions offered for
- Wednesday and weekday evenings available
- Please feel free to email me with any questions/ queries