A very warm welcome and thank you for visiting my profile.
I understand that taking the first steps forward can be challenging, that's why I feel that I can offer you the best support possible.
As an experienced person centred counsellor, I can offer you a safe and confidential environment, where you can express your thoughts and feelings openly.
We can work together to make continued progress to help you achieve your personal goals.
Please call, text or email me to set up a free initial assessment over the telephone or video.
The initial session will give us time to get you know each other, for you to feel comfortable and safe in the space I offer. It will also give us chance to explore what you feel would be important in the therapy process.
I currently offer video or telephone counselling sessions.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am currently studying BSc (Hons) Top up in Cognitive behavioural therapeutic approaches (University of Derby)
- Foundation Degree (FdSc) in Counselling Theory and Practice (University of Staffordshire)
- Foundation Course in Bereavement Care
- Level 3 Child Psychology Diploma
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Cruse Bereavement Care (2014-2017)
- Xenzone School Counsellor at Welshpool High School (2018)
- Portcullis Surgery Counsellor (October 2019-Present)
- Private Practice (February 2021-Present)
- EAP Counsellor (April 2021-Present)
Recent Continued Professional Development (CPD) in the following areas:
- Child and adult safeguarding (Yearly)
- Shame and guilt (2018)
- Child Exploitation (2018)
- Eating disorders (2018)
- Suicide Prevention (March 2019)
- Developing Sexuality (September 2019)
- Working with bereavement and complex grief (June 2020)
- Working with psychiatric drugs (November 2020)
- Working Therapeutically with Intimacy Issues (October 2020)
- Transgender Awareness Training (May 2021)
- Practice Beyond The Pandemic (June 2021)
- Understanding CBT approach to work with diversity, race and covid (July 2021)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£40.00 per session
Free initial telephone or online session
Concessions offered for
I offer a free initial assessment via telephone or zoom
Counselling Sessions- £40 per hour
Reduced fee available for students, trainee counsellors and low income
Payment by cash accepted or bank transfer
Late night slots available on Monday & Tuesday
Please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions/ queries.