*PLEASE NOTE, DUE TO COVID 19 ALL SESSIONS ARE CURRENTLY TAKING PLACE ONLINE VIA ZOOM*
Recognising that you might need professional help with a particular problem is the first step towards achieving your goals. The second biggest step is finding a professional that you feel comfortable with. Research suggests that often it is not the "Type" of therapy you have but the actual therapeutic relationship which has the biggest impact on the outcomes for therapy.
I work in an integrative way which means that I work on the premise that no single approach can treat client's in all situations. This way of working creates the flexibility to flow with the different issues explored which can then help you move towards your personal goals. My approach is warm, compassionate and down to earth which may help you to feel more relaxed and comfortable as you explore your problems in a sensitive, timely way. I can help you develop the capacity to overcome both past and current challenges which may be impacting on your relationships and daily life.
If you are looking for a safe, confidential space in a central location a few minutes walk from Wandsworth Town station, then please contact me either by email or telephone. If you think you may be interested in working with me the next step would be to speak on the phone. Following on from this if you would like to start therapy I would arrange an initial face to face assessment where you can determine your needs, and I can assess your suitability for therapy. There is no obligation at any stage of this process however the initial assessment will be chargeable. For more information please contact me
Due to the current covid-19 outbreak I can offer telephone or skype sessions at a concessionary rate if you are unable to afford the full fee or if you are a key worker. Please do ask.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I hold a BSc (Hons) in Integrative Counselling (approved by the UK Council for Psychotherapy - UKCP).
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Theory ( approved by the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy BACP) & Accredited by the British Psychoanalytic Council BPC).
- Art Psychotherapy, Foundation Course Goldsmiths University.
- I am a Registered Member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy), which means that I abide by the ethical principles and guidelines laid down by these governing bodies which regulate the practice of Counsellors and Psychotherapists
I have worked for over 23 years in various social care settings which includes mental health, offending, substance misuse, domestic violence and child protection. I hold an Enhanced Criminal Record Certificate (CRB).
My interests lie in the field of addiction. I have experience of working with individuals in Twelve Step Recovery Groups. I understand the philosophy and process of Alcoholics & Narcotics Anonymous and other Twelve Step programme's which would be helpful for people who are recovering from addiction. I also work with individuals who are currently struggling with active patterns of addiction. These patterns can be explored sensitively by looking at some of the underlying issues of addiction such as depression, past trauma, co-dependency and relationship issues.
I also work with a wide range of other issues such as anxiety, stress, depression, bereavement, separation loss and trauma.
- Volunteer - The Awareness Centre from 2015/2016. NHS IAPT Counselling Placement which Involved seeing clients on a weekly basis in a GP practice.
- Volunteer - Kingston Women’s Centre from 2009/2013. This was a low-cost Counselling Placement for women experiencing a wide range of difficulties such as anxiety, depression, loss and bereavement.
- Volunteer - Turning Point which is a Drug and Alcohol support service in Lewisham from 2008/2009. I worked with both men and women offering both short and long-term therapy. I supported individuals to address their substance misuse problems and other underlying problems associated with their addiction.
- I currently work as a volunteer Support Worker for a Foster Care Agency. I have held this commitment since 2010. This role involves supporting individual young people in foster care. The role is varied and includes helping young people when in crisis, and with issues such as their mental health, relationship difficulties and substance misuse.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£50.00 per session
Concessions offered for
Due to the current covid-19 outbreak I am able to offer telephone or skype sessions at a concessionary rate for those unable to afford the full fee.
Initial assessment 1.5 hours. £ 60.
50 minute session £50.
I have a limited number of spaces available for those on low income, please ask if this applies to you.
Please email or phone to discuss arranging an initial assessment.