I offer mindfulness based psychotherapy and supervision in Bath and have been practising as a psychotherapist for 18 years.
Mindfulness has a growing evidence base and is gaining popularity across many fields of psychology. It is a vital ingredient in my work. Whilst some of our work together will involve you telling your story; you will also be invited to develop conscious attention and tune into your bodily sensations. This is a gentle encouragement to reconnect to your deeper self and develop awareness to how things change from moment to moment.
My approach is holistic and creative, with an intention to support you to explore and release old patterns. This practice encourages you to deepen your authentic presence and develop a more compassionate relationship to yourself and others.
I am interested in interpersonal creativity, wellbeing, resilience, eco-psychology and heart/mind/body practice which informs my approach in all aspects of my work.
Please see my website www.siobhanmcgee.com for more information.
Training, qualifications & experience
- UKCP Accreditation
- BACP member
- MA in Core Process Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Contemplative Supervision
- European Certificate in Psychotherapy (ECP)
- Tisserand Institute Diploma in Holistic Aromatherapy
- Post graduate training in Somatic Trauma Therapy with Babette Rothschild at the Chiron Centre in London.
- Completed Level 1 and Intermediate EMDR training with Alexandra Richman
- Compassionate Mind Training with Paul Gilbert
- Compassion Fatigue Educator Certification Course (Figley Institute)
- European Association of Psychotherapy (EAP) membership
- Full member of the International Stress Management Association ISMA.
- AVIVA Health Insurance Registered Provider
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship issues
£55 per hour
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I facilitate professional supervision and a contemplative learning space to reflect on and discuss your work in depth.