I offer Core Process Psychotherapy and supervision in Bath and have been practising as a psychotherapist for 18 years. I am also a tutor at Karuna Institute on the Post-Qualification MA in Mindfulness Based Psychotherapeutic Practice.
Therapy can be a safe harbour during difficult times of anxiety, stress, loneliness or depression. I offer a space for you to be heard, to express what's happening for you and to begin to explore change in the therapeutic relationship.
This is not a quick fix miracle cure, but I can help you to explore your relationships to yourself, others and your experience of the world. Relational awareness helps us to see what keeps us stuck in patterns that no longer work and through embodied awareness change becomes possible.
Core Process Psychotherapy was one of the original therapy trainings in the UK to integrate embodied mindfulness and compassion practices with Western psycho-therapeutic theories.
Mindfulness and compassion practices have a growing evidence base and are gaining popularity across many fields of psychology. They are helpful for finding ways to manage and cope with anxiety, stress and panic.
My approach is holistic and creative, with an intention to support you to explore and release old patterns. This practice encourages you to deepen your authentic presence and develop a more compassionate relationship to yourself and others.
I am interested in interpersonal creativity, spirituality, wellbeing, resilience, eco-psychology and a heart/mind/body practice which informs my approach in all aspects of my work.
Please see my website www.siobhanmcgee.com for more information.
Training, qualifications & experience
- UKCP Accreditation
- BACP member
- MA in Core Process Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Contemplative Supervision
- European Certificate in Psychotherapy (ECP)
- Tisserand Institute Diploma in Holistic Aromatherapy
- Post graduate training in Somatic Trauma Therapy with Babette Rothschild at the Chiron Centre in London.
- Completed Level 1 and Intermediate EMDR training with Alexandra Richman
- Compassionate Mind Training with Paul Gilbert
- Compassion Fatigue Educator Certification Course (Figley Institute)
- European Association of Psychotherapy (EAP) membership
- Full member of the International Stress Management Association ISMA.
- AVIVA Health Insurance Registered Provider
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
£50 per hour
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I facilitate professional supervision and a contemplative learning space to reflect on and discuss your work in depth.