Simone Louise Watson
We will work together and gain a greater understanding of whatever has brought you to look in to counselling. My aim is to enable you to gain the skills and resilience to face the challenges of life.
I offer a confidential and non-judgemental space to explore issues and concerns safely, at your pace.
I mainly work with adults, and I am not only accredited BACP counsellor, but an equine therapist and a general nurse. This I feel gives me a unique appreciation of the effects that emotional well being has upon the body and the self, and how best we can elevate these.
I call myself a relational therapist who hopes to help you build a better relationship with yourself and others.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Counselling diploma level 4 and 5 at Stroud College, which developed my personal and professional practice
- Mindfulness courses which I use to help clients reduce anxiety and negative projection
- Advanced diploma level 6 CBT for person-centred therapists, Warwick University
- LEAP EFP/L Practitioner Training in equine therapy
- Return to Practice Nursing Course
- Masters in the Principles of Dementia Care
- BACP accredited Member
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have also trained as an Equine Therapist through the Leap programme, where I work with people and horses together.
£40.00 per session. Free initial consultation either by telephone or in person. Some reduced rates are available.
I see Counselling as having no script - no right or wrong. Just two people talking about life. I look forward to hearing from you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am flexible and can see you either during the day or evenings
Types of client