Simona Pretara MA PGDip BA UKCP & HCPC Accredited
Deciding to come to therapy can be an important move towards change, personal growth and development.
Your concerns can be explored in a confidential, warm, empathic, supportive, non-judgemental and safe space.
At the core of my practice as a Clinical Psychotherapist and Integrative Arts Psychotherapist is the use of our innate creativity to facilitate personal change and heal core wounds.
I have over 15 years experience of working within the mental health and social care sector within community based settings as well as NHS and in education.
My work is relational and client centred, tailor made to best meet your individual and personal needs. Through the therapeutic relationship conflicts and struggles are brought forward and worked through by deep inquiry, reflection, curiosity and collaboration.
The theoretical roots of my psychotherapeutic practice are within Existential Psychotherapy, Gestalt, Transactional Analysis and Psychodynamic Psychotherapies and is underpinned by developing Neuroscientific research.
We can approach your therapy through diverse art forms; including Visual Arts, Drama, Dance, Movement, Music, Jungian Sand Trays, Puppetry, Poetry, Dreams and Mental Imagery or if you prefer we can simply talk about any personal difficulties you might be experiencing.
Using a range of different forms in an integrated way increases self-awareness, insight and growth by allowing the expression and release of trauma, memories and grief through all of the senses, in order to shift how we view the world and create new ways of being.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am committed to providing safe, ethical and effective practice I work in accordance with the UKCP and HCPC ethical principles, professional standards and policies. I also hold a full Public Liability Insurance and am DBS checked with training in Child Protection and the Protection of Vulnerable Adults.
- MA Integrative Arts Psychotherapy
- PGDip Diploma in Application of the Arts in Therapy and Education
- BA Fine Art
- CPCAB Certificate in Counselling
Additional CPD Trainings:
- Mentalized Based Approaches to Art Psychotherapy for the Treatment of Borderline Personality Disorders and Psychosis- ICAPT NHS
- MBT-F Mentalized Based Treatment for Families- Peter Fonagy, Anna Freud Centre
- CATT- Trauma Informed Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Solution-focused (brief) therapy (SFBT)
- Trauma and dissociation
- KUF Awareness Working with Personality Disorder-NHS
- The Body keeps the Score; Working with CSA and Complex trauma
- Suicide prevention and working with vulnerable presentations
- Hidden Sentence- Impact of having a family member in prison
- Domestic abuse and its effect on children
- Gangs- Safeguarding Children and Young People
- Honor Based Violence and FGM
- Eco Psychotherapy
- Addiction and Psychosis- South West London and St Georges Trust NHS
- Harm Reduction and Needle Exchange
- Safeguarding Children and Adults
- CACHE Level 3 Child Care Learning and Development
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have extensive experience of working with issues around rape, sexual abuse and childhood sexual abuse and work with these issues in a trauma informed way.
Initial Consultation: £50.00
Ongoing one-to-one sessions: £50 - £80
Sliding scale for students, unemployed and people on low income
I am able to see clients in Brixton and Catford.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|