PG Dip, MA, MNCIP Accred, COSRT Reg, MBACP Reg
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Providing treatment for individuals, couples / relationships and group therapy for those who have experienced psychological trauma, developmental (childhood) trauma or who have been diagnosed with PTSD.
Psychological trauma can lead to a range of problems (and diagnoses) including addiction, substance misuse, problematic or compulsive behaviours, emotional dysregulation, personality disorders, self harm and suicidal thoughts or behaviours, PTSD symptoms such as nightmares, flashbacks or rumination, dissociation, relationship issues, and psychosexual function disorders.
Due to the complex nature of my work I have undertaken significant clinical training and experience over ten years, I continue to train in evidence and non-evidence based treatment alongside a current Doctorate in Psychological Trauma:
- MA Psychotherapy
- Diploma Clinical Sexology / Psychosexual & Relationship Therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (full training in DBT)
- Trauma Focused CBT (at the Beck Institute in USA)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (NICE guidelines approved treatment for PTSD)
Alongside my clinics in Harley Street and Waltham Cross (Cheshunt), I teach as a foundation course director for the Contemporary Institute of Clinical Sexology (a COSRT accredited training for Psychosexual and Relationship Therapy).
Previously I managed the Therapy Services at Priory Hospital North London. This service included a General Psychiatry programme for inpatient, day hospital and outpatients; Inpatient Rehabilitation and Addiction Therapy; Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services for both private patients and NHS services commissioned by Barnet, Enfield and Harringey Mental Health Trust. The hospital also offers a UK wide tertiary service for Complex Obsessional and OCD patients, one of only two inpatient programmes offering this service in the country.
Many people looking for therapy with me will have experienced some degree of trauma in their lives. This trauma can range from low level but persistent invalidating experiences growing up, such as critical, absent or emotionally distant caregivers / parents (often called developmental trauma), or severe neglect and childhood physical or sexual abuse. I also work with clients who have had significant losses growing up, such as death of a parent or a parent with addiction / mental health issues.
If you would like further information please view my website or LinkedIn page. Alternatively please get in touch via phone or email and I would be happy to answer any questions you may have about therapy and the types of treatment I provide.
Training, qualifications & experience
Counselling & Psychotherapy Training
- Professional Doctorate (DProf) in Psychological Trauma (Current)
- MA Psychotherapy
- Post Graduate Diploma - Gestalt Psychotherapy
- Advanced Diploma of Professional Development - Gestalt Therapy
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Training, Beck Institute Certification Programme
- CBT Essentials
- CBT for Depression
- CBT for Anxiety
- CBT for Personality Disorder
- CBT for Trauma
Dialectical Behaviour Therapy Training, APT
- DBT Level 4 - DBT Masterclass
- DBT Level 3 - Running DBT Skills Groups
- DBT Level 2 - DBT Proficiency Exam
- DBT Level 1 - DBT Essentials
Couple & Relationship Therapy Training
- Diploma in Clinical Sexology / Psychosexual & Relationship Therapy
- Diploma in Transpersonal Couple Counselling & Psychotherapy
Addiction Therapy Training
- Level 5 Diploma - Compulsive Sexual Behaviour Counselling
- Level 4 Diploma - Alcohol & Substance Misuse Counselling
- Leadership Team Member, Pastoral Lead and Director Foundation Certificate Course - Contemporary Institute of Clinical Sexology (CICS)
- Director, Trauma Associates, Harley Street
- Therapy Services Manager - The Priory Hospital, North London
- Addiction Treatment Programme Manager - The Priory Hospital, North London
- Clinic Manager - St Richards Counselling Clinic
- Clinical Supervisor - Sangam Asian Women's Centre
- Senior Mental Health Recovery Officer - Rethink Mental Illness
- Addiction Therapist - Recovery Lighthouse, UKAT
- Freelance Counselling Staff Trainer - Fegans Children & Family Therapy Centre
(Prior to training as a therapist I held various leadership roles in the corporate sector including Strategic Implementation, Commercial Operations and Learning & Development Management, I occasionally offer Executive Coaching and Consultation for Leadership Development)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£90.00 per session
Concessions offered for
Fees are £90 per 50 minute session online or in Cheshunt
Fees are £130 per 50 minute session in Harley Street
DBT / Psychotherapy Groups please make contact for information or visit www.trauamaassociates.co.uk
Limited number of low cost sessions available on a sliding scale fee
When I work
I currently have a waitlist for evening appointments.
I have an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate (DBS) to work with adults and children and I am registered with the annual update service.
- DBS Certificate Number: 001651234133
I hold all client data confidentially and I am registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
- Data Protection Registration Number: A8452177
I am . member of and comply fully with the ethical framework of the professional governing organisations:
- BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy)
- NCP (National Council of Psychotherapists)
- FDAP (Federation of Drug and Alcohol Practitioners)
- COSRT (College of Sex and Relationship Therapy)
I exceed the minimum requirement for professional clinical supervision. Clinical Supervisor; Ethical Framework and Complaint Procedure information can be provided on request.