The types of therapy I provide are individual, relationship (couple) and group therapy for adults. I also work with older adolescents and young adults (16 years and above).
I have had over ten years training in different types of therapy, full details of my training is below. My specialisms include: addiction, compulsive behaviours, trauma, dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT) for personality disorders (including self harm / suicidal behaviours), psycho-sexual issues along with general anxiety and depression.
My private practise currently has daytime appointments available and a waitlist for evening appointments. I offer clinics in the following locations:
- Monday - Harley Street (Central London)
- Wednesday - Priory Hospital North London (Southgate)
- Tuesday & Thursday - Cheshunt (North London / Enfield, South Hertfordshire)
- Friday is not currently available for clinical work as I am studying a Professional Doctorate in Psychological Trauma.
I am the Course Director for the Foundation Programme at the Contemporary Institute of Clinical Sexology. This is a National Council of Psychotherapists and College of Sex and Relationship Therapy (COSRT) accredited programme for trainee Psycho-sexual Therapists / Clinical Sexologists.
My previous work experience includes Therapy Services Manager at The Priory Hospital in North London, where I was responsible for the therapy provision for all inpatient, outpatient and day patients across four services: General Psychiatry, Addiction Treatment, OCD Complex Obsessional Disorders and CAMHS. I retain practising privileges at Priory Hospital North London where I offer staff reflective groups and clinical supervision for therapists. I also deliver DBT outpatient groups once a week.
I also provide training, coaching and supervision to trainee and qualified clinicians,
The majority of clients seeking therapy with me are looking for help with symptoms of depression, anxiety, relationship issues or out of control behaviours and often have a history of abuse, attachment issues, developmental issues and loss or trauma from their family of origin.
My therapeutic style is pluralistic, meaning I utilise psychoanalytic theory, humanistic counselling and cognitive behavioural techniques to tailor the therapy to the individual - I do not believe one size fits all, but that all modalities of therapy are useful at different times for different people.
My primary training was in Gestalt therapy, meaning I focus on the therapeutic relationship we create and systemic issues the client is experiencing.
However my therapy work is very much informed by my study of psychoanalytic theories (especially attachment theory) and by the psychoanalytical clinical supervision I regularly receive. I also offer Behavioural and Cognitive Techniques to support clients in managing symptoms and offer evidence based treatment for emotional regulation, utilising DBT and CBT. I have trained in CBT at the Beck Institute in Philadelphia, USA.
Training, qualifications & experience
Counselling & Psychotherapy Training
- Professional Doctorate (DProf) in Psychological Trauma (Current)
- MA Psychotherapy
- Post Graduate Diploma - Gestalt Psychotherapy
- Advanced Diploma of Professional Development - Gestalt Therapy
- Post Graduate Certificate - Psychoanalysis
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Training, Beck Institute Certification Programme
- CBT Essentials
- CBT for Depression
- CBT for Anxiety
- CBT for Personality Disorder
- CBT for Trauma
Dialectical Behaviour Therapy Training, APT
- DBT Level 4 - DBT Masterclass
- DBT Level 3 - Running DBT Skills Groups
- DBT Level 2 - DBT Proficiency Exam
- DBT Level 1 - DBT Essentials
Couple & Relationship Therapy Training
- Post Qualifying Diploma - Transpersonal Couple Counselling & Psychotherapy
Addiction Therapy Training
- Level 5 Diploma - Sex Addiction Counselling
- Level 4 Diploma - Alcohol & Substance Misuse Counselling
- BPS Approved Certificate - Clinical Supervision
- Course Director, Foundation Programme Lead Tutor & Pastoral Lead - Contemporary Institute of Clinical Sexology (CICS)
- Therapy Services Manager - The Priory Hospital, North London
- Clinical Lead, General Psychiatry - The Priory Hospital, North London
- Addiction Treatment Programme Manager - The Priory Hospital, North London
- Clinic Manager - St Richards Counselling Clinic
- Clinical Supervisor - Sangam Asian Women's Centre
- Senior Mental Health Recovery Officer - Rethink Mental Illness
- Addiction Therapist - Recovery Lighthouse, UKAT
- Freelance Counselling Staff Trainer - Fegans Children & Family Therapy Centre
(Prior to training as a counsellor I held various leadership roles in the corporate sector including Strategic Implementation, Commercial Operations and Learning & Development Management, I occasionally offer Executive Coaching and Consultation for Leadership Development)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I specialise in working with Compulsive Sexual Behaviours that include: Problematic Pornography Use, Substance Use and Out of Control Sexual Behaviours, Multiple Affairs, Co-dependency, Sexual Avoidance, ChemSex and challenges with achieving or sustaining fulfilling romantic or sexual relationships.
Fees are £90 per 50 minute session
Couples Counselling can be offered in 50 or 90 minute sessions. Fee for 90 minutes: £125
DBT / Recovery / Therapy Groups: Please make contact for information
Private Medical Insurance referrals currently only available at Priory Hospital North London
Some evening appointments available
I have an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate (DBS) to work with adults and children and I am registered with the annual update service.
- DBS Certificate Number: 001651234133
I hold all client data confidentially and I am registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
- Data Protection Registration Number: A8452177
I am . member of and comply fully with the ethical framework of the professional governing organisations:
- BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy)
- NCP (National Council of Psychotherapists)
- FDAP (Federation of Drug and Alcohol Practitioners)
- COSRT (College of Sex and Relationship Therapy)
I exceed the minimum requirement for professional clinical supervision. Clinical Supervisor; Ethical Framework and Complaint Procedure information can be provided on request.