Simon Rowe CBT Therapist
Simon has over a decade of experience as an Educational Psychologist in schools in Worcestershire, Herefordshire, Gloucestershire and the West Midlands. In that time he has also specialised in CBT and has a breadth of experience working with adults, young people and children. His warm and supportive approach allows clients to work towards their goals in a safe and understanding environment.
Simon practices a type of CBT called Acceptance and Commitment Therapy or ACT for short. ACT gets its name from one of its core messages: accept what is out of your personal control, and commit to taking action that enriches your life. The aim of ACT is to help us create a rich, full and meaningful life, while accepting the pain and stress life can bring. ACT does this by:
- teaching psychological skills to handle difficult thoughts and feelings effectively, in such a way that they have much less impact and influence – these are known as mindfulness skills; and
- helping us to clarify what’s truly important and meaningful to us – that is, clarify our values – and use that knowledge to guide, inspire and motivate us to set goals and take action that enriches our life.
"CBT is proven to be effective in resolving problems in so many areas of mental wellbeing. Helping people to improve their lives in very real ways gives me the greatest pleasure and satisfaction." Simon Rowe
*Please note, Simon does not offer therapy to those presenting with eating disorders.*
For more information, including details of fees and CBT courses available, please go to www.simonrowepsychology.co.uk.
Simon works out of The Centre For Well Being in Malvern on Wednesday mornings and Friday afternoons (www.centreforwellbeing.co.uk)
Training, qualifications & experience
- British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist
- Chartered Psychologist (CPsychol) with the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Registered Practitioner Psychologist with Health & Care Professionals Council (HCPC)
- MSc Educational Psychology
- PGCE Teaching Qualification (Music, Secondary)
- BA Hons Applied Psychology
Simon has an enhanced DBS disclosure certificate and comprehensive public liability insurance. He receives regular supervision from Dr. Lynn Mackie, Senior Lecturer in CBT and Psychology at the University of Bolton.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Child related issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Length of CBT Courses / Fees
How many sessions of CBT you will need depends on the nature and depth of the difficulties you are experiencing; some people may only need a few sessions, whilst others may require more. After an Initial Assessment where Simon will be able to gain an understanding of your needs, you can choose to continue onto a course of CBT.
Fees are payable in advance and in full. Dates for each session will be agreed at the start of the course. Cancellation fees apply as per Simon’s Terms of Business which will be made available to you at the time of booking. (If your course includes an Initial Assessment you will have the opportunity to decline to continue with the course after the Assessment and will be invoiced for the Assessment only.)
Initial Assessment (1 hour)
6-session CBT Course
This includes an Initial Assessment and five further sessions. This length of course will usually meet most people’s needs.
4-session CBT Extension
For those who have completed the 6-session CBT Course and require further sessions, this course offers an extra four sessions of CBT. Combined, the 6-session and the 4-session courses will meet most more complex needs.
3-session CBT Refresher
For people who have previously completed a CBT course with Simon and wish to refresh their CBT skills, this course offers an extra three sessions.
For full details go to www.simonrowepsychology.co.uk
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Simon works out of The Centre For Wellbeing in Malvern on Wednesday mornings and Friday afternoons (www.centreforwellbeing.co.uk)
Types of client