Simon Crouch MBACP (Accredited)
15 Vernon Street
103 High Street
Hello and welcome to my profile.
Counselling can provide us with an opportunity to explore our thoughts and emotions in order to gain a greater understanding of who we are and what we have experienced. This can be a really positive step forward in developing our own solutions to difficulties and in re-building our lives.
Talking to someone in a warm, friendly and safe environment can be an extremely powerful and healing experience and can help you to feel less isolated and more able to make sense of your life circumstances.
I offer face to face, on line-and telephone Counselling and I can be flexible about appointments, offering day evening and weekend sessions.
Our first session is an opportunity for you to talk about the issues you are experiencing and to get to know each other. You are under no obligation to continue if you feel these sessions are not for you.
My previous counselling experience has been working with the survivors of domestic abuse, providing counselling support for NHS Staff, NHS Primary Care.
In addition to my Private practice I have worked as an Addiction Therapist in a private residential rehabilitation centre.
Another important part of my work involves providing support for members of private Insurance and Healthcare providers. I am a Registered Provider of Counselling and Psychotherapy for AVIVA, BUPA, CIGNA, ALLIANZ, AXAPPP, VITALITY Health and WPA.
If you are a member of any of these providers, please contact them in the first instance to check your eligibility. For those who are covered you will usually be directed to your GP for a diagnosis and then you will be provided with a Pre-authorisation number which signifies your authorisation to commence therapy.
I treat everyone as a unique individual with the potential for growth and reaching their full potential.
My counselling practice is governed by the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) 'Ethical Framework for Good Practice'
Training, qualifications & experience
- Degree in Counselling (Open University) 2013
- Advanced Diploma Psychotherapeutic Counselling (West Nottinghamshire College) 2013
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Derby College) 2011
- Certificate in Counseling Skills 1998
- Certificate in Counselling Theory 1998
- Postgraduate Diploma Information Management Thames Valley University 1996
- BA (Hons) History University of East Anglia 1995
Professional Counselling Bodies
Accredited Member British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP)
Accredited Voluntary Register Certificate Number: 041386
My counselling practice is within short walking distance of car parks and bus stops.
Training Courses & Workshops
Counselling for Depression by The University of Nottingham
- Certificate of Proficiency British Association Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Emotional Freedom Technique
- Alcohol Awareness
- Suicide Awareness
- Domestic Abuse Awareness
- Domestic Abuse and its effects on Children
- The LBGT Community and their expedience of Domestic Abuse
- Respect Working with Male Victims of Domestic Abuse
- Diversity and Equality
- Workplace Mediation
- Providing Clinical Assessment within the NHS
- Trauma and Anxiety and Workplace Counselling
- The Provision of Counselling within the NHS
- Brief Counselling
- Mental Health Awareness
- Organisational Context of Counselling
- Assessment and the Organisational Perspective
- Safeguarding Children
- 'Beating the Blues' On-line CBT Portal
- Telephone Counsellor Training
- Stress Management
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
Counselling/Therapy £45 per session.
Couples £70 per session.
I offer student counsellors in training the reduced rate of £35 per session
All fees payable in advance by bank transfer or pay-pal, or on the day of the appointment by cash or through payment reader.
Cancellations with less than 24 Hour notice are fully chargeable.
I undertake regular professional supervision to ensure the highest standards of ethical practice is upheld. I am committed to enhancing my personal and professional development and take part in further study and research. I hold an enhanced DBS check, and have professional indemnity insurance.
Please click on the following links to the Accredited Voluntary Register of which I have attained Registered status.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Saturday times by appointment.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|