Simon Crouch MBACP (Accredited) Private Health Insurance Provider
103 High Street
Hello and thank you for viewing my profile. Making the decision to change our lives is never an easy step but it is the opportunity to explore, understand and learn about our past experiences so our future is more rewarding.
Talking about our emotions can be really difficult and sharing our innermost thoughts to someone requires a really trusting and supporting relationship. I am a fully accepting and non-judgmental counsellor and I offer that safe space in which you can express your thoughts, feelings and emotions with the knowledge that everything which is said during our sessions will stay between us, with very few exceptions.
I have worked with many clients who have experienced anxiety, depression, stress, panic disorders, many forms of abuse, bereavement, affairs and betrayals, relationship issues and work related problems. These issues can weigh us down but there is hope and it is possible to work through whatever life presents us with.
I offer face to face, on line-and telephone Counselling and I can be flexible about appointments, offering day evening and weekend sessions.
Our first session is an opportunity for you to talk about the issues you are experiencing and to formulate a plan of action. You are under no obligation to continue if you feel these sessions are not for you.
My previous counselling experience has been working with the survivors of domestic abuse, providing counselling support for NHS Staff, NHS Primary Care and I have worked as a Telephone Counsellor for an Employee Assistance Programme.
In addition to my Private practice i work as an Addiction Therapist in a private residential rehabilitation centre, where I am a lead therapist in providing individual, couple and family groups.
Another important part of my work involves providing support for members of private Insurance and Healthcare providers. I am a Registered Provider of Counselling and Psychotherapy for AVIVA, BUPA, CIGNA, ALLIANZ, AXAPPP, VITALITY Health and WPA. If you are a member of any of these providers, please contact them in the first instance to check your eligibility. For those who are covered you will usually be directed to your GP for a diagnosis and then you will be provided with a Pre-authorisation number which signifies your authorisation to commence therapy.
I treat everyone as a unique individual with the potential for growth and reaching their full potential.
My counselling practice is governed by the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) 'Ethical Framework for Good Practice'
Training, qualifications & experience
- Degree in Counselling (Open University) 2013
- Advanced Diploma Psychotherapeutic Counselling (West Nottinghamshire College) 2013
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Derby College) 2011
- Postgraduate Diploma Information Management 1996
- BA (Hons) History University of East Anglia 1995
Professional Counselling Bodies
Accredited Member British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP)
Accredited Voluntary Register Certificate Number: 041386
My counselling practice is within short walking distance of car parks and bus stops on the High Street in Burton-upon-Trent town centre.
Training Courses & Workshops
- Certificate of Proficiency British Association Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Emotional Freedom Technique
- Alcohol Awareness
- Suicide Awareness
- Domestic Abuse Awareness
- Domestic Abuse and its effects on Children
- The LBGT Community and their expedience of Domestic Abuse
- Respect Working with Male Victims of Domestic Abuse
- Diversity and Equality
- Workplace Mediation
- Providing Clinical Assessment within the NHS
- Trauma and Anxiety and Workplace Counselling
- The Provision of Counselling within the NHS
- Brief Counselling
- Mental Health Awareness
- Organisational Context of Counselling
- Assessment and the Organisational Perspective
- Safeguarding Children
- 'Beating the Blues' On-line CBT Portal
- Telephone Counsellor Training
- CBT Diploma
- Stress Management
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
Photos & videos
Fees start at £55 for Individual and £80 for Couples therapy.
Home visits available on request
Cancellations with less than 24 Hour notice are fully chargeable.
I undertake regular professional supervision to ensure the highest standards of ethical practice is upheld. I am committed to enhancing my personal and professional development and take part in further study and research. I hold an enhanced DBS check, and have professional indemnity insurance.
Please click on the following links to the Accredited Voluntary Register of which I have attained Registered status.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments Monday-Friday 8-8 pm Saturday 9-1pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|