Silk House Therapy Practice
Welcome to Silk House Therapy Practice
Silk House Therapy Practice is home to a team of psychotherapists, counsellors and alternative health and mindfulness practitioners, located in Macclesfield, Cheshire. Together, we offer a range of therapies on a long- and short-term basis, depending on what you may wish to address.
We work with diverse individuals, couples and families who are looking for support with internal and external conflicts/challenges and who are seeking meaningful change.
We are located in the centre of the market town of Macclesfield, Cheshire.
- We offer specialist psychotherapeutic and counselling support for children, adolescents/young people, adults, couples and families
- We offer specialist support for PTSD
- We have a particular expertise in working with unexplained physical symptoms and pain
- We offer alternative approaches - shiatsu, biodynamic massage, nutritional therapy, acupuncture
- We offer a whole systems approach whether that be individual body-mind or wider family and societal issues.
- We offer talks, workshops and training events for the general public and the therapeutic community
Training, qualifications & experience
Our core team:
- Hayley (Merron) Stevens, Body Psychotherapist, Somatic Trauma Therapy & EMDR (UKCP)
- Owen Stevens, Process Oriented Therapist and EMSRP Practitioner (GHR)
- John Fletcher, - Person Centred Counsellor (MBACP)
- Michelle Roberts - Art Psychotherapist (BAAT & HCPC)
- Virginie Adamski - Bodywork/Shiatsu (MRSS)
- Sarah Mallinson - Nutritional Therapist (BANT, CNHC)
We have a network of trusted colleagues in the therapy field who offer a range of services and approaches to health and wellbeing.
If you don't know what you are looking for or need to further information contact us and we can talk through the options.
Member organisations *
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling we deal with
Fees are set by individual therapists please see our website for more information. As a guide individual counselling and psychotherapy c. £45 to £75 per session.
Most of the therapists work short, medium and long term. Sessions tend to be 60 - 90 minutes dependent upon the approach.
Frequency tends to be weekly but this depends on the support you need/are looking for and individual goals/hopes.
Silk House Therapy Practice is open Monday to Friday, from 8am to 9pm.