Silk House Therapy Practice
Wood Street Mill
45 Pickford Street
Welcome to Silk House Therapy Practice
We are a community of psychotherapists, counsellors and complementary therapy and mindfulness practitioners specialising in emotional and psychological health, well-being and growth.
We help with depression, anxiety, relationship problems, loss and bereavement, stress and trauma as well as more vague feelings of dissatisfaction and unhappiness or a wish for life to be more fulfilling and meaningful.
We have a particular expertise in working with unexplained physical symptoms which may have emotional and psychological roots.
We are located in the centre of the market town of Macclesfield, Cheshire.
- child, adolescent, adult, couple and psychotherapy and counselling
- emsrp (expressive meta schematic re-patterning), clinical hypnotherapy, EMDR
- complementary therapies - shiatsu, homeopathy, biodynamic massage
- talks, workshops and training events for the general public and the therapeutic community
Training, qualifications & experience
Psychotherapy and Counselling available at Silk House Therapy Practice:
- Hayley (Merron) Stevens, Body Psychotherapist, Somatic Trauma Therapy & EMDR (UKCP)
- Owen Stevens, EMSRP Practitioner and Clinical Hypnotherapist (GHR)
- Maisa Garcia-Fernandez, Couples & Family Counsellor (MBACP)
- John Fletcher, - Person Centred Counsellor (MBACP)
- Christine Rolph - Art Psychotherapist (BAAT & HCPC)
- Michelle Roberts - Child and Adolescent Art Psychotherapist (BAAT & HCPC)
We also have practitioners offering Shiatsu (Virginie Adamski) and Homeopathy (Julie Melbourne).
Member organisations *
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Photos & videos
Fees are set by individual therapists please see our website for more information. As a guide individual counselling and psychotherapy c. £45 to £65 per session.
Most of the therapists work short, medium and long term. Sessions tend to be 60 minutes. Frequency tends to be weekly but this depends on the support you need/are looking for and individual goals/hopes.
Silk House Therapy Practice is open Monday to Saturday, from 8am to 9pm.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client