Dr. Sidrah Muntaha, Chartered Clinical Psychologist, DClinPych, CPsychol, AFBPsS
10/11 The Shrubberies
Welcome and thank you for visiting my profile. My name is Sidrah and I am a HCPC registered Chartered Clinical Psychologist with a private practice based in South Woodford. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter, Facebook or contact me directly to find out more about what I offer and how I work.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am registered as a Chartered Clinical Psychologist by the British Psychological Society (BPS) and the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC). In addition, I am an Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society, and an Associate member of the British Association of Music Therapy.
I work in the NHS as well as private practice and specialise in challenging behaviour, learning disabilities and music-based psychological interventions for clients and staff/carers. I have a special interest in the role of music and Arts to promote emotional wellbeing, and am developing ways of using music in NHS settings as well as supporting community organisations to develop music based emotional wellbeing projects.
With almost 20 years of experience in the NHS, I am trained to provide CBT, Systemic Therapy and clinical supervision.
"Sidrah listened to me in a way that no one in my life ever has. First day she listened, then she said a few things which took me back because it was true... It was only 4 months. But in that time, it felt like years of therapy because I became like a new person, with different ways of thinking. Now when i see someone else with the same problems I know they need to get help..." -D.S, Female, 36, London
"Thank you Sidrah! I have learnt so much from you. Thank you so much for your kind words, your non-judgmental stance and your belief in me" - Anonymous, Female, 27, Essex
"Dr. Muntaha helped me to get over my phobia. I can see the benefits of therapy and I would see her again if I needed to."- Stephen, Male, 58, London
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
Other areas of counselling I deal with
WHAT I OFFER
I am trained in a number of therapeutic models including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Systemic Therapy & Psychodynamic Therapy to treat a range of mental health difficulties. I often use models and techniques integratively to suit each individual depending on the nature and severity of your symptoms.
Photos & videos
SOUTH WOODFORD CLINIC
- If you are self-funded, my fees are £90 for consultations and £90 for individual 50-minute sessions. My fees for couple/family work are £100 per 50-minute sessions. I also provide assessment reports and treatment plans at an additional fee which vary according to complexity.
- I am recognised by several major healthcare insurance companies including BUPA, AVIVA, HEALIX, WPA and AXA PPP. Fees through insurance companies are £100 for consultations/individual sessions and £120 for couple/family work. Please contact your provider to ensure that they will cover your fees for psychological therapy.
- The grieving practitioner
- Bringing music into our lives
- Understanding Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- How to support your child with anxieties
- Coping with anxiety
- Making sense of psychosis
- Social relationships and emotional separation
- Shopping for a therapist - some clinical considerations
- The Messiness of Emotional Pain
I offer supervision to qualified Counsellors and Clinical/Counselling Psychologists. Please see my supervisor's profile for more information..
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
Supervision & training