Dr. Sidrah Muntaha, Chartered Clinical Psychologist & Supervisor
Are you struggling with the life you are leading and the values that you hold? Often the conflicts we face internally are due to a disparity between the two which can lead to low mood, frustration and anxiety. I work with a range of mental health issues, helping clients to find meaning in what can sometimes feel like a very confusing world. I believe that with the right therapeutic support which includes a holistic approach, everyone can lead a fulfilling life. Through psychological formulation and proactive therapy using multiple theoretical models, I will support you to head towards a life that gives you meaning and purpose.
I have experience of helping client to process & heal from abuse, trauma and relationship break-ups. As well as systemic and psychodynamic approaches, I use Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT) & Indian Raga-based Mindfulness to help you develop inner resilience and capacity to manage psychological distress.
I also offer 1:1 and group coaching sessions which incorporate Indian Raga singing & mindfulness in your everyday life to improve overall physical and emotional wellbeing. This involves learning how to hold two or three notes, whilst practising the correct posture and breathing mindfully to reduce stress and improve coping skills.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a Chartered Clinical Psychologist, regulated by HCPC and offer assessment and therapy for anxiety, depression, and other mental health difficulties in adults. With a number of years of experience working across NHS trusts and private sector, I also offer consultation, workshops, training and supervision. My affiliations include the following:
- Member of British Psychological Society’s (BPS) Division of Clinical Psychology
- Member of the British Psychological Society’s (BPS) Faculty for Management & Leadership.
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (FRSA)
- Accredited Clinical Supervisor, Register of Applied Psychology Practice Supervisors (RAPPS)
- British Association for Performing Arts Medicine (BAPAM) Clinician and Registered Practitioner
- Approved Clinician for BUPA, AXA PPP and other major healthcare insurers.
- Certificate in Third Wave Cognitive Behavioural Approaches
- Certificate in Cognitive Therapy for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Certificate in Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
"I wanted to express my deep gratitude for delivering such a brilliant, meaningful workshop with the Hopscotch participants in December.” (Daniel, Director, Camden People’s Theatre, London 2020 )
"Sidrah listened to me in a way that no one in my life ever has. First day she listened, then she said a few things which took me back because it was true... It was only 4 months. But in that time, it felt like years of therapy because I became like a new person, with different ways of thinking." -(Anonymous, Female, 36, London)
"Thank you Sidrah! I have learnt so much from you. Thank you so much for your kind words, your non-judgmental stance and your belief in me" - (Anonymous, Female, 27, Essex)
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
WHAT I OFFER
I am trained in a number of therapeutic models including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) including post graduate CPD training in Acceptance and Commitment Based Therapy and Compassion Focused Therapy. I am also trained in Systemic Therapy & Psychodynamic Therapy, aspects of which I use where appropriate. I adopt a relational approach where suitable, particularly for complex & enduring difficulties where there may be ambivalence around accessing support, distrust of authority figures and attachment disruptions in early childhood which may manifest in the therapist/client relationship. I will offer an evidence based but flexible approach to your treatment which may involve the option of reading material or completing tasks outside of therapy as part of your treatment. However, this would depend on your individual needs, preferences and choice, all of which would be considered from the outset.
SOUTH WOODFORD CLINIC
- My fees are £100 for consultations and individual sessions. However, I do offer a reduced rate for self-funded online therapy for a limited number of sessions.
- I am recognised by several major healthcare insurance companies including BUPA, AVIVA, HEALIX, WPA and AXA PPP. Please contact your provider to ensure that they will cover your fees for psychological therapy.
Concessions offered for
I offer supervision to qualified Counsellors and Clinical/Counselling Psychologists. Please see my supervisor's profile for more information. I offer reduced rate supervision for therapists interested in using arts/music in CBT practice.