Dr. Sidrah Muntaha, Chartered Clinical Psychologist & Accredited Supervisor
Welcome and thank you for visiting my profile. My name is Sidrah and I am a HCPC registered Chartered Clinical Psychologist with a private practice based in South Woodford. Please contact me directly to find out more about what I offer and how I work.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a Chartered Clinical Psychologist, regulated by HCPC and offer assessment and therapy for anxiety, depression, and other mental health difficulties in children and adults. With over 20 years of experience working in mental health, I also offer consultation, workshops, training and supervision. My involvement in the mental health profession includes the following:
- Member of British Psychological Society’s (BPS) Division of Clinical Psychology
- Member of the British Psychological Society’s (BPS) Faculty for Management & Leadership.
- Member of the British Association for Music Therapy (BAMT)
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (FRSA)
- Accredited Clinical Supervisor, Register of Applied Psychology Practice Supervisors (RAPPS)
- British Association for Performing Arts Medicine (BAPAM) Clinician and Registered Practitioner
- Approved Clinician for BUPA, AXA PPP and other major healthcare insurers.
"I wanted to express my deep gratitude for delivering such a brilliant, meaningful workshop with the Hopscotch participants in December.” (Daniel, Camden People’s Theatre, London )
"Sidrah listened to me in a way that no one in my life ever has. First day she listened, then she said a few things which took me back because it was true... It was only 4 months. But in that time, it felt like years of therapy because I became like a new person, with different ways of thinking. Now when i see someone else with the same problems I know they need to get help..." -D.S, Female, 36, London
"Thank you Sidrah! I have learnt so much from you. Thank you so much for your kind words, your non-judgmental stance and your belief in me" - Anonymous, Female, 27, Essex
"Dr. Muntaha helped me to get over my phobia. I can see the benefits of therapy and I would see her again if I needed to."- Stephen, Male, 58, London
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
WHAT I OFFER
I am trained in a number of therapeutic models including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Systemic Therapy & Psychodynamic Therapy to treat a range of mental health difficulties. I often use models and techniques integratively to suit each individual depending on the nature and severity of your symptoms.
Photos & videos
SOUTH WOODFORD CLINIC
- My fees are £100 for consultations and individual sessions and £120 per couple/family sessions. I also provide assessment reports and treatment plans at an additional fee which vary according to complexity.
- I am recognised by several major healthcare insurance companies including BUPA, AVIVA, HEALIX, WPA and AXA PPP. Please contact your provider to ensure that they will cover your fees for psychological therapy.
- Free / low-cost sessions available
- Free / low-cost sessions for Keyworkers
- Self employed artistes: Coping through the corona crisis
- The grieving practitioner
- Bringing music into our lives
- Understanding Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- How to support your child with anxieties
- Coping with anxiety
- Making sense of psychosis
- Social relationships and emotional separation
- Shopping for a therapist - some clinical considerations
- The Messiness of Emotional Pain
I offer supervision to qualified Counsellors and Clinical/Counselling Psychologists. Please see my supervisor's profile for more information.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
Supervision & training