As an Integrated counsellor I believe everyone is unique so I can adapt the counselling to suit the client. Sessions are fluid what works one week may not work the next so if you would like to try AAT or Walk and Talk, I am able to integrate them into our sessions.
You do not need to be in crisis to seek counselling, you may have a difficult decision to make or are feeling generally anxious and panicky and don't know why. I can provide a safe space for you to explore what is happening in your life at this time.
I am passionate about Animal Assisted Therapy as I have seen the amazing results it brings. In training I worked with a variety of animals from horses to rabbits, helping clients with a wide range of presenting issues. Friendly and non judgemental the animal just wants to be the clients companion during the session. If you would like to try AAT I will be happy to introduce you to Daisy and Drew my two guinea pigs.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in AAT - MCMA
- Certificate in AAT
- Humanistic Integrated Counselling - BACP
- Assist - Applied Suicide Prevention Skills
- St Catherine's Hospice - Bereavement training
- TA 101
- Member of the Association of Christian Counsellors
- Member of the National Counselling Society
- Enhanced DBS
Experience of working with Carers who are caring for family members/friends suffering with; Dementia, Personality Disorders, victims of life-changing accidents, violent behaviour.
Experience of working with suicidal ideation and those bereaved by suicide.
Experience of volunteering with the Beachy Head Chaplaincy - a search, rescue and crisis intervention team.
Experience of volunteering with the Sussex search team.
Association for Christian Counsellors
The Association of Christian Counsellors is a professional body representing and setting standards for Christian counselling and care in the UK. The organisation is made up of various different membership categories, including Counsellor and Accredited, and requires all members working as counsellors to undertake Continuous Professional Development on a regular basis.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Animal Assisted Therapy for Adults
Animal Assisted Therapy for Children
£50.00 per session
Concessions offered for
An initial 20 min. session to decide is we can work together is £25
Ongoing sessions - £50.00
Do not let finance be a barrier to getting help, I have a limited number of low cost sessions available.
My working days/hours are flexible so please call and discuss what is suitable for you.
Face to face counselling
Call or email in the first instance so we can arrange an introductory session.
- The introductory session is 40 minutes so you can meet me and ask any questions you may have and find out how I work.
- You can decide if you do or don't not want to continue with counselling after the introductory session. The decision is yours you are not under any obligation.
- Working with Zoom can be just as effective as face to face, it really depends on the person.
- When you call I will talk you through how it works and arrange the introductory session.
- After the introductory session you can decide if you would like to continue.
You can opt to use a mix of remote and face to face counselling if you are unsure of whether you are ready for face to face counselling. This can help with not missing sessions for any reason.
Animal Assisted Therapy
- You do not have to make a decision to have AAT at the start of your therapy. You have the option to try AAT at any point in your sessions. Many find using a mix is helpful.
Walk and Talk
- Call at least two days before your session if you would like to try walk and talk so we can make the necessary arrangements. You are able to mix consulting room and walk and talk sessions.