Shirani Situnayake NCS Accredited
I offer individual Person Centered Counselling for women.
I also offer individual and/or group supervision, and individual or group Equine Facilitated Therapy sessions.
I incorporate art work, sand tray, visualisations and metaphor work in my sessions. I have found these extremely powerful and helpful in accessing difficult feelings and creating containment.
Besides general issues, I am very empathic and experienced in working with the particular issues faced by women. Especially self-esteem, child sexual abuse, domestic abuse, addictions and self-harm, assertion, trauma, loss and grief.
As a Mixed Heritage Sri Lankan, born in Sri Lanka and a lesbian, I have a deep lived experience and understanding of identity, marginalisation and belonging.
I bring to my work an empathy and congruence born out of engaging and processing the fractures in my own life history, along with a deep connection to nature and the wildness within ourselves.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma Person Centered Counselling: City Lit 2001
- Diploma in Supervision: Lewisham College 2005
- Natural Horsemanship Certificate: Flying with Horses 2010
- Diploma in Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy LEAP 2018
- Over 19 years counselling experience.
- Over 10 years supervision experience working with Domestic Violence, Sexual violence and Child Sexual Abuse organisations.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Counselling:£50 individual sessions - 1 hour
Supervision: £65 individual sessions - 1.5 hours
Equine Therapy: £120 individual sessions - 2 hours
Equine Therapy - group session prices variable
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Basic Sinhala|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|