Sheila Lewis Ad Prof Dip PC MNCS (Acc) MBACP (Reg)
Quay Place ( Well Being Centre)
St. Mary At The Quay
26, High Road West
Hello, welcome to my profile,
Finding a therapist that you can feel comfortable enough with to be able to express the difficulties you are experiencing can feel so overwhelming but once you have found that person the benefits gained can be life changing.
I work integratively which means I use a range of approaches tailored to suit your personal needs and requirements as each client is very much an individual and no one approach fits all. My aim is to help facilitate your journey in a safe, confidential, non-judgemental environment, allowing you to reflect upon what is happening for you and find a way forward.
We all have times in our lives when things get too much and talking to those closest to us does not always enable us to get a clear perspective on certain situations or may be to deep and personal that may cause conflicting advice, therefore it might prove helpful to share concerns with someone outside of your situation, so perhaps counselling could prove to be helpful to you?
I work with both individuals and couples, for an agreed, appropriate period of time which we will review regularly. I can help you to explore your thoughts, feelings, emotions and behaviours and assist you in gaining a better understanding and awareness of yourself and your relationships with the aim to enable you to work through your difficulties. I work around a wide variety of issues, problems and complex situations providing you with empathy and space for you to share whatever it is that is causing you concern.
If you decide you may be interested and would like to give counselling a try either give me a call or email me with your details and I will contact you ASAP to enable you to discuss briefly what it is you want from counselling and how I can support you, from there we can arrange a consultation where we can meet to enable you to see if you feel comfortable and at ease with continuing further sessions, or if you would prefer we can do a free, no obligation consultation over the phone.
Training, qualifications & experience
(Training, Qualifications & Experience)
- Advanced Professional Diploma in Psycho-therapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling
- Brain Working Recursive Therapy®- BWRT Level 1&2 (Adv)
- Applied Emotional Freedom Technique - Levels 1 and 2.
- Awareness in Bereavement Care. ( Cruse Bereavement Care)
I am constantly seeking continuous development and have attended many training courses as part of my personal and professional development to enable me to remain fully equipped with the most current developments in my field to continue to be an effective therapist to my clients, including:
- Additional CPD:
- Personality Disorder Awareness
- Transactional Analysis 101
- Brain Working Recursive Therapy (BWRT) levels 1&2
- Broad Band for the Brain
- Emotional Needs and Resources
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults (Adults)
- Introduction to Safeguarding (Children)
- Counselling skills when working with children & young people
- Bereaved by Suicide
- Suicide Awareness
- A Child’s Grief
- Early Intervention & Complicated Grief
- Mindfulness for Personal Wellbeing
- How To Work With Eating Disorders
- Triangles and Affairs
- Gay & Beyond
- Couples / relationship counselling
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Initial face to face - Consultation (30 minutes) £15
- Or (15 minutes) free telephone consultation.
- Counselling Therapy session-( face to face)- ( 1 hour ) - £35- Felixstowe £40 Ipswich -(due to variation in room rental costs).
- Couples counselling- (1hour) - £60
- Counselling session via Skype - £25
- I will be offering concessionary rates for those on: Low income /Benefits. Should financial circumstances change, fees will be adjusted accordingly.
Please be advised that a minimum of 24 hours notice of cancellation or reschedule is required, or the session fee will remain payable in full.
I also currently work voluntarily as a counsellor with Suffolk Mind
and previously with Cruse Bereavement care.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client