Sharron Ward - UKCP regisered
Kingston Upon Thames
I am a fully accredited UKCP senior psychotherapist and member of the CCPE providing psychotherapy and counselling for people struggling with a wide range of concerns, including anxiety, depression and stress.
My practice embraces diversity and difference and openly welcomes members of the LGBT community.
If you are reading this, you may have reached a low point in your life. You may be finding it hard to cope and you do not want to / cannot discuss with family or close friends the pain and difficulties that you are experiencing. Counselling offers an opportunity to explore feelings and fears that are troubling you in a professional, non-judgemental, confidential working relationship. By taking the brave step of considering counselling, the process of change has already begun.
General Psychotherapy offered including: Anger, assertiveness, abandonment, adoption, anxiety, bipolar disorder, bullying, eating disorders, life coaching, low self-esteem, mental physical and sexual abuse, panic attacks, post-retirement issues and family systems, self-harm, sexuality (pansexuality, non binary and all gender related issues), trauma, post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, including panic attacks, bereavement, body image, depression, medical conditions, obsessive compulsive disorder, phobias, post-natal depression, relationship and marital issues, stress (including work related stress), suicidal ideations
Choose the treatment plan that meets your needs:
- Brief solution based therapy and coaching - Brief solution focused therapy is more like mentoring. This brief therapy is an approach to psychotherapy based on solution-building rather than problem-solving. It explores current resources and future hopes rather than present problems and past causes. Coping strategies and helpful techniques to help you manage are identified and typically it usually involves up to six sessions.
- Psychotherapy: One of the key objectives of psychotherapy is to help you gain a better understanding of the issues that are troubling you. Psychotherapy helps you work out new ways of approaching situations that you find difficult, as well as exploring new methods to help you cope with ongoing and challenging situations. By developing a trusting relationship with your psychotherapist, you are able to explore the more complex layers and talk through long-standing problems. It is a longer journey and may last several months or, in some cases, more than a year.
Online Skype Consultation: I provide online counselling and psychotherapy as an alternative for people who can't meet appointments.
Choosing the right psychotherapist or personal consulting coach can be a daunting.
My first assessment session is complimentary. This is an opportunity to get a better sense of the counselling options on offer and a chance to ask questions and clear up any concerns.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a registered member of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy UKCP & CCPE.
I trained for 5 years in Transpersonal and Integrated Psychotherapy.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- 1 hour session £75
I never take on more than 3 clients per day as my commitment to ensuring the quality of my work is focused and fresh.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Conversational Italian|
Types of client