Sharon Kalinko (MA Couns. Psych, CPsychol, UKCP, HCPC)
I have been in private practice as a counsellor and psychotherapist since 1980.
I am a psychotherapy trainer and supervisor.
My approach to counselling and psychotherapy is relational and systemic. This means that the therapeutic relationship is the most important aspect of my work and that the client is seen in the context of his/her family and community with everything that this involves.
I provide individual and couple counselling and psychotherapy for the following issues:
- Relationship difficulties.
- Personality disorders.
- Developmental crises.
- Anger management and assertiveness difficulties.
- Communication difficulties.
- Family problems.
- Traumatic life events.
Helping people grow and change is my passion whether by psychotherapy or coaching. I work together with my clients to achieve what is important to them since everyone is unique and different. This means that every client will be treated differently and the way in which I work will vary from person to person. Because I am an integrative psychotherapist, I will use different methods of psychotherapy which all put the relationship with the counsellor first and emphasize the importance of making a contract for how we will work together such that our communication is open and honest and in your best interests. The setting in which I work is very safe and private and designed to make everyone feel comfortable.
Steps to take to make an appointment
Please call me on my mobile to set up an appointment at a time suitable for both of us. You may also send me a text message and I will call you back when you are available.
During our initial session, we will discuss your reason for seeking help and what you would like to get out of counselling. We also have the opportunity to see whether we can work together and whether you are happy with the way in which we will work together.
If you are happy to continue with me, we can set up a second session. I generally see clients either weekly or fortnightly for an hour. For couples, I prefer to have one and a half hour sessions fortnightly but this will depend on the issue to be dealt with.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am a registered Counselling Psychologist (C.Psychol) MA Couns. Psych.
- I am a teaching and supervising Transactional Analyst (ITAA)
- I am a certified Integrative Psychotherapist (UKCP)
- I am a Family Constellations facilitator (African Constellations)
- I am a qualified teacher and educator (UNISA)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- I offer psychotherapy on Skype.
- I am available to run family constellation groups by request.
- I am available to run psychotherapy, growth and support groups by request.
£80 for a 1-hour session.
I offer online counselling on VSee which is a confidential platform. For those who wish to use Skype or Whats App, I am willing to do that as well. These sessions are very convenient for those who have a very busy schedule and need to save travel time or have difficulties with child minding.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available for contact between 9 am and 6 pm. Times for therapy can be negotiated as they are different every day.
Types of client
Supervision & training
I am certified as a teaching and supervising Transactional Analyst with clinical applications by the International Transactional Analysis Association.