Hello, my name is Sharon. I am a qualified Person-Centered Counsellor and registered member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) following their ethical framework and standards of practice. I work with Children and Adults using a non-directive approach.
I offer a safe, non-judgemental space where you can feel free to express your feelings and together we can explore, at your pace, what is troubling you at this time in your life. If you are feeling lost or low in mood, confused or unsure, I am here for you.
I have experience of providing Counselling within Charities, Schools, Social Care, the Voluntary Sector and IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies - NHS). I support clients with Bereavement, Pet Bereavement, Sudden Loss, Anxiety, Depression, Trans, LGBTQ+, Low self-esteem, Trauma, Abuse. Relationship issues and more.
I offer telephone and online counselling sessions, face to face counselling sessions and for those who prefer the outdoors, walk and talk therapy set in 6 acres of private land. I also offer animal and equine facilitated therapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Foundation Degree in Person-Centred Counselling & Psychotherapy - The University of Derby
- Level 3 Diploma in Counselling Skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling
- ASIST - Applied Suicide Intervention Skills
- Working with Suicidal risk
- Pre-Trial Therapy and Note taking
- Perinatal & Infant Mental Health awareness - iHV (Institute of Health Visiting)
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- LGBTQ+ education training
- Trans awareness
- Dissociation & Trauma
- Safeguarding Adults & Children
- Deprivation of Liberty safeguarding
- Counselling in Primary Schools
- Understanding Autism, Asperger's & ADHD
- Community Management of Alcohol Disorders
- Naloxone saves lives
- Data security awareness
- Channel awareness training
- Enhanced DBS with annual update check.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
I offer an initial free 30 min consultation to see if you feel comfortable talking to me and see how I may be able to help you.
- £45/session - Face to Face
- £45/session - Walk & Talk therapy
- £35/session - over the telephone or online
Sessions are 50 minutes, concessions for students/low income.
For Equine facilitated therapy please contact me to discuss your requirements.
Fees for Schools and Businesses - please contact me to discuss your individual requirements.