Sharon Ellis Dip Couns, Dip CBT, MBACP Mind Over Matter (NW) LTD
As I'm still in a local lock down area I just want you to know I've completed an OU course, "How to do counselling online: a coronavirus primer" to enhance my current skills. (My badge can be found at the foot of my profile). I'm currently working from home, very experienced in working remotely, either by phone, or video calls. A counsellor/client agreement needs to be signed before counselling can take place, documents can be transferred if necessary by the latter or email. Online banking required for payments.
I am a caring, experienced and qualified integrative Counsellor/Psychotherapist. I work with children & adults using Person-Centred approaches and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy skills and theory, (CBT).
Fully insured, with an Enhanced DBS, I am a registered member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists, (BACP) and I adhere to their ethical framework. I offer an initial 6 x 1 hour 1:1 sessions in a person centred way but also looking at thinking, emotions and behaviour, using CBT skills and theory, teaching an understanding of why we feel the way we do and how to change, but this isn't set in stone, if it takes less time, it does, if we need more we will evaluate together.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have my own counselling business called Mind Over Matter (NW) Ltd and I work across the Blackpool, Fylde and Wyre area specialising in home visits which I find clients are comfortable in their own surroundings. I can work practically with those experiencing depression, anxiety or social anxieties and I have a range of experience with various disabilities.
I am experienced at working with students 18+ who have long or short term mental health conditions and are struggling with various aspects of college and university life. I volunteered for Blackpool Carers Centre for over 3 years successfully as a therapist with carers who are struggling to care but also have past and present life issues. I also worked with parents/carers who have children and young people with SEND, (Special Educational Needs, Disabilities), supporting them understand and guide through the laws and their rights around the education system and still volunteer with this. I have recently completed a Level 2 certificate in Understanding Children and Young People's Mental Health to enhance my NVQ Level 3 in Childcare, Learning and Development and have worked with pre-school children with SEND. A great communicator with both adults and children, including those with severe and complex special educational needs, I am skilled at using alternative communication methods.
- Suicide First Aid
- Youth Mental Health training
- How to do counselling online: a corona virus primer (OU)
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People's Mental Health
- Assistive Technology
- Dyslexia in the Workplace
- Specific Learning Difficulties
- Mental Health in the Workplace
- Autism, High Functioning Autism and Asperger’s,
- Autism awareness.
- Disability in the Workplace,
- Mental Health
- Children and Young People’s Mental Health: Providing Effective Support conference
- Confidentiality and Data Protection
- Health and Safety
- General Disability Awareness
- Lone Working Practice
- Professional Boundaries
- Safeguarding Adults
- PREVENT Training
- IPSEA Send law conference
- Assit-Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Helping Children Deal With Loss Programme
- Early Language Development Programme Training Working with parents and families to support young childrens speech, language and communication
- Sensory Processing
- Child Sexual Exploitation course
- Challenging Behaviour and Autism
- Certificate of Proficiency
- Level 1 - Safeguarding Children
- Level 5 Diploma – Cognitive Behavioural Therapeutic Skills and Theory
- Level 4 Diploma – Therapeutic Counselling
- Self-Harming Awareness Training
- Downs syndrome- early years/primary education training
- Foundation Course - Phase 1 – SIGNALONG
- SIGNALONG is a sign-supported communication system based on British Sign language and is used in spoken word order. It uses speech, sign, body language, facial expression and voice tone to reference the link between sign and word. It is a key word signing system and starts with real objects and experiences.
- Disability Awareness
- Level 3 NVQ – Children’s Care, Learning and Development
- Supporting children with Behavioural, Emotional and Social Difficulties
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
I do home visits, video and phone calls
I cover Blackpool, Fylde and Wyre
Mind over Matter (NW) LTD Company Registration Number 9721615