Sharon Atack MBACP
I work with:
Children and adolescents aged 5 – 17 using both talking and play therapy dependent on client's needs.
ANXIETY, STRESS, DEPRESSION OR ASKING YOURSELF WHY DO I, IS JUST SOME OF THE REASONS PEOPLE NEED TO TALK.
My name is Sharon and I am a professionally qualified experienced Counsellor who is registered with the BACP.
If you're looking for a safe and confidential place to explore any thoughts, feelings or issues, I offer a calm, empathic, supportive and confidential environment in which to do so.
I believe that the therapeutic relationship between the client and counsellor is paramount to the counselling process. So I offer new clients a free introductory thirty minute meeting preferably by SKYPE or telephone. In some cases in person so we can talk and you will be able to ask me any questions. This allows us to make sure that the working relationship will be beneficial to you.
My counselling sessions are tailored to meet the needs of each individual client. I draw upon a range of techniques and approaches to support you. It is important that we explore your thoughts and emotions in a way that works for you. I will always seek your consent and collaboration in discovering what works best for you.
I offer Face to Face, SKYPE/ Facetime, Email and Telephone counselling.
I work with adults and children. I have experience as a school based counsellor working with children aged 5 – 17 using both talking and play therapy dependent on client's needs.
I currently have rooms in the city centre of Wakefield, which are near Westgate train station and the bus station. There are also plen I ty of car parks nearby.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc Therapeutic Counselling - Leeds Metropolitan University
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling- Leeds City college
- Level 3 certificate in Counselling skills- Leeds City college
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Concepts. - Leeds City college
- I have worked with many issues and also have experience with voluntary organisation around domestic abuse, drugs and alcohol support.
- I also spent time training and volunteering with Place 2 be, working in school settings with children, working through talk and play.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Counselling sessions are usually 50 minutes long and are £40.00
If 3 sessions are booked and paid in advance cost is £100
CANCELLATIONS WITHOUT AT LEAST 24 HOURS PRIOR NOTICE WILL BE CHARGED AT THE RATE OF ONE SESSION
I offer new clients a free introductory thirty minute meeting by telephone or video call. Face to face can be arranged at a cost of £10 for 30 minutes.
Please contact me via email or telephone: 07486 608081
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|