Individual & Couples Counsellor/EMDR [ACTO/MBACP] Accredited
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Hello and welcome to my Counselling Directory profile; here are a few words that describe my approach to counselling.
I'm a compassionate humanistic counsellor that works with a wide range of presenting difficulties and problems; including: anxiety/panic; depression; relationship/family problems; loss/grief; trauma [PTSD]; or any other difficult life event/problem.
I work with individuals and couples as a systemically/relationally trained counsellor; incorporating Solution Focused Brief Therapy; a client-centred approach that aims to identify and build upon innate qualities and resources.
I'm also an EMDR therapist (in training) working within a Trauma-Informed Mindfulness based approach. This holistic (mind/body) way of working incorporates experiential (present moment awareness) mindfulness practices and guided meditations for inner calm/peace; alongside trauma processing, integration, and healing.
Training, qualifications & experience
- EMDR Therapy (therapist in training).
- Brief counselling with adults within Employee Assistance Programs (EAP).
- Brief or longer-term counselling with individuals and couples within private practice.
- Specialist online bereavement counsellor (Sue Ryder).
- Counselling with young people (11-25) within secondary schools and community based settings.
- Counselling with adults within NHS primary care and within mental health charities; MIND and Cancer-Care.
- Bereavement support worker with Cruse Bereavement Care.
- Student mentor at the University of South Wales.
- Level 7: Postgraduate Certificate in Systemic Practice [Couples] in Psychotherapy; Family Institute.
- Level 5/6: BSc (Hons) in Systemic Counselling; Family Institute - (BACP Accredited Training Course).
- Level 4: Introduction to Counselling (Open University).
- OCST4: Online Webcam and Telephone Counselling (ACTO Approved Training Course).
Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy
- Parts 1 & 2 EMDR Accredited Training (EMDR Academy).
- Parts 3 & 4 (September 2022).
Specific Bereavement Training
- Grief Therapy as Meaning Reconstruction: A Trauma/Attachment Informed Approach [15hrs] (Robert Neimeyer - Portland Institution for Loss & Transition).
- Grief and Bereavement Counselling Diploma.
- Awareness in Bereavement Care Foundation Course (Cruse Bereavement Care).
- Working with Bereavement and Complex Grief (BACP).
- Adult Attitude to Grief [AAG] (Linda Machin).
- Personal meditation/mindfulness daily practices.
- Mindfulness for well-being: [8 week course].
- Meditation teacher diploma.
Further Training and Development
- Introduction to Solution Focused Brief Therapy [SFBT]; NHS.
- Self-Help & Well-Being Techniques; Institute for SFT.
- More than Miracles - The State of the Art of SFBT; Institute for SFT.
- Jungian Psychology: Archetypal & Shadow Work Diplomas.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy [DBT] Essentials.
- Using the Cognitive Model for working with Trauma: [2-day course].
- Workshop: Working with Transgender Clients.
- Substance Abuse/Drugs and Alcohol; MIND/TEDS.
- ASIST: Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training; MIND.
NB: This list does not include all of the workshops and training events that I've attended over the years.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
The Association for Counselling and Therapy Online (ACTO)
The Association for Counselling and Therapy Online
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
From £40.00 to £50.00
Sessions & Fees
- 50 minute counselling sessions can be arranged on a weekly, fortnightly, or monthly basis; or as one off single sessions.
- In person session fees are £40.00 per session for individual counselling and £50.00 per session for couples counselling.
- Telephone/online (Zoom) fees are £40.00 per session for individual counselling and £50.00 per session for couples counselling via Zoom.
- EMDR - 90 minute therapy sessions available.
When I work
I work Monday-Friday as a full-time counsellor; please get in touch if you would like to arrange in-person, online, or telephone counselling sessions.
My counselling room is located within discrete professional premises that provide handwashing and toilet facilities.
There is free, off road, car parking space to the front of the premises.
My contact details are not intended as a form of emergency support. If you, or anybody you know, are at risk of serious harm, I advise you to contact your GP or the appropriate emergency services immediately.
Alternatively, you can contact the Samaritans 24hr helpline on: 116 123 or email: email@example.com
Thank you for taking the time to read my profile.