The pandemic has forced many of us into unprecedented situations that have been emotionally challenging and stressful. It is likely to have affected you in a number of ways, some of which you may be aware of and others could be unconscious manifestations.
This sensitive period of time has also encouraged us to reflect upon our lives and our satisfaction with them as well as examine what is important to us.
Understandably, this experience may have left you feeling lost, apprehensive, anxious, and vulnerable, all of which are completely normal.
I am a BACP Psychotherapist with over 20 years of experience. I believe in the efficacy of therapy and it can offer you a unique and life-changing opportunity.
I understand that making the decision to enter therapy can be a difficult one, and I offer a safe, confidential, and open space for you to explore your inner self, important areas of your life, and understand them in different ways.
Multilingual and fluent in the following languages; English, Arabic & Kurdish
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualification & courses
- MSc in Health Psychology: Thames Valley University; 2007-2008
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology with Counselling Theory: Thames Valley University;
- Certificate in Counselling Supervision: Lisa & Mass; 2019-2020
- LC&CTA: Higher Professional Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy (Person-Centred Approach); 2012-2014
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychodynamic counselling and psychotherapy: Birkbeck University; 2010-2011
2004-2007 Additional certificate &Training
- Handling Our Own Anger and Frustration
- Is Fear Contagious?
- Working with Women affected by Domes Violence.
- Borderline Personality Disorder and Counselling.
- Expression and Release of Anger.
- Working with Suicidal Clients.
- HAGAM Drugs and Alcohol Awareness Training.
- Personal and Professional Exploration of the
- Transition from Childhood to Adulthood
- How to get the most from Supervision?
- Boundaries: What is the point?
- Transference and Counter Transference
- Eating Disorders.
- Working Therapeutically with the Adolescents
- Conscious and the unconscious
- Working with Young People Who Hear Voices
- Working with Asylum Seekers
- Understanding and Working with Anger
- Smoking Cessation Advices
- Immunotherapy in Cancer Patient,
- Sarcoma Overview,
- Control Drugs Policy,
- Oncology Pathways,
- HD Methotrexate,
- Pain Management, and Accountability and the Law.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Remote counselling (Telephone/Zoom): £50
Face to face counselling; £60
Clinical supervision: £70
*50 minutes per session