Selda Tamara Abrakomitze
PGDip, (Reg. MBACP) Psychotherapeutic Counsellor
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Hello and welcome to my profile page!
I’m Tamara, a Psychotherapeutic Counsellor. I am passionate about helping people find balance in their lives with bespoke holistic counselling to meet individual needs and help overcome the challenges you face. I work with adults and young people from diverse backgrounds.
With 10 years experience working in therapy and the community. I offer warm, friendly, confidential and professional counselling relationship. I am driven in helping individuals find their path.
Located in London, with digital online therapy sessions available to assist you anywhere in the world. I am also a Clinical Lead at a London based Counselling Service.
Whether you are feeling sad, lost, stuck, or unhappy with how things are in your life let’s talk about getting you back on track. If you would like to book your counselling session with me or have any questions do get in touch; I aim to respond to your query within 24 hours.
During these unprecedented times of COVID-19 I am offering online and telephone counselling options.
How counselling can help you
Counselling sessions are a space for you to bring issues from the past and what is happening for you now. I understand it can take time to trust and to talk about events but I want you to know that we do not need to rush. It is all in your time and pace; when you are ready I will offer you a non-judgemental and compassionate space to tell your story.
Therapeutic approaches that I use
- Integrative Therapy; to incorporate elements of different approaches to best meet your needs.
- I use Cognitive Behavioural Skills (CBT); a form of evidence based therapy to help you cope better with managing uncomfortable feelings.
- I consider the impact of trauma and provide you with tools to help you manage somatic symptoms in between sessions; giving you a sense of control.
- I do Mindfulness; to help you build resilience.
Motivational Interviewing; to support you in maintaining focus on your therapeutic goal.
- Solution Focused; to help you move forward.
- Compassion Focused; to support you in looking at issues you bring from a place of compassion to encourage self-soothing behaviour.
Need for self-reflection
In today's fast paced wired world, both inner and outer pressures make it easy to lose track of our sense of identity. Consequently, we can disconnect from our own needs, feel lost or stuck in relationship with others. Depression, anxiety, even certain health issues are just some of the inevitable symptoms that may emerge to make us stop and realise the need to reconnect with our selves.
Counselling is an avenue you can take to reflect on these. As an Integrative counsellor, I have many professional tools and methods, to help bring balance to your life. Most importantly, you will be heard without judgement and welcomed with kindness and compassion.
Culture in the room
Multicultural and bilingual. I have lived and worked in different countries and experienced different cultures. But what ever the cultural difference the need for human connection is universal. I am interested to learn the interaction culture plays in our lives. Looking at how culture impacts our experiencing of the world around us brings to our awareness that it did not begin with us.
What to do now?
If you would like to speak with me to see if we can work together I offer a free 15 minute phone consultation. You are welcome to book your free phone consultation. This is a chance for you to tell me what is happening for you. I will be able to answer any questions you may have for me.
You can visit my website www.therapywithtamara.com for more information.
Training, qualifications & experience
My Training & Qualifications:
- Foundation Degree in Counselling
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapeutic Skills and Theory
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling
- Counselling and Therapeutic Interventions for Working with Women Overcoming Experiences of Violence: A Multicultural and Feminist Approach
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Workshop
- Working with Borderline Personality Disorder KUFF
- Introduction to Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Dealing with Fear and Sadness
- Working with Children and Young People
- Independent Domestic Violence Advisor (CAADA Accredited)
- Domestic Violence
- Sexual Violence
- Mental Health First Aid
- Private Practice @ Therapy with Tamara
- Senior Counsellor and Clinical Lead at London based Counselling Service
- Counsellor at London based substance misuse agency
- Senior Counsellor and a Group Worker at London based Counselling Service
- Counsellor at Youth Counselling Service
- Counsellor and Group Worker at London based Counselling Service
- Independent Domestic Violence Advisor at UK based Charity
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£60.00 per session
Free initial telephone session
Concessions offered for
Individual counselling session: £60; (50 minutes in duration).
I offer a free initial 15 minutes consultation session.
*there are limited number of concession spaces available for those on low income.
I am happy to provide an invoice on request.
When I work
Monday - 9am - 8pm
Tuesday - 9am - 8pm
Wednesday - 9am - 8pm
Thursday - 9am - 8pm
Friday - 9am - 6pm
Saturday - Closed
Sunday - Closed
I am a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
I hold an advanced DBS Certificate.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to work with a Counsellor. I offer a free 15 minute phone consultation where I can answer any of your questions and see if we can work together.
I will hold your session for you. If you feel you are unable to attend do let me know 48 hours prior to your booked session.