Seamus McAveety, Integrative Counsellor (MBACP)
My name is Seamus and I am a registered counsellor with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP). I aim to provide my clients with a safe, confidential and non-judgemental space were they can discuss and explore the difficulties they are experiencing in their lives. I offer both long and short term counselling. I am an integrative counsellor meaning that I have the ability to use a wide range of therapies in order to meet the individual needs of my clients.
As your counsellor I will support and empower you to move past the barriers and limiting beliefs that are stopping you from reaching your full potential and living a more fullfilled life. I provide clients with short term motivational solution focused counselling which is very popular with people who want to become more passionate, motivated, energetic and sucessful in their lives.
I use Humanistic and psychodynamic therapies for long term counselling focusing more on issues that require deeper exploration and attention. At the assessment stage, together we can see what type of therapy is most appropriate for you. I will be open and honest with you at all times and I dont want there to be any mystery around the process of counselling.
I understand that counselling can be a daunting experience but I hope after we have the oppurtunity to speak it will feel less intimidating. You might be facing life-changing situations, feeling overwhelmed or stuck? Perhaps you may be experiencing anxiety, depression, terminal illness, relationship issues or bereavement. All individuals will experience some degree of adversity in their lives.
These painful experiences can often be very difficult to overcome and you may find counselling helpful if your well-being continues to suffer as a result. Perhaps you are experiencing work related issues such as feeling stressed and burnt out or other general issues like low self esteem/confidence, limiting beliefs, low energy and motivation.
Whatever difficulties you are experiencing right now you do not have to face them alone. Counselling can offer you a safe enviroment where you can gain clarity over your current situation whilst promoting personal growth and self mastery of who you are and what you want to become.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I have a BA Honours Degree in Integrative Counselling
- I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP) and can be found on the website for professionally registered practitioners
- I have experience of working with adults, adolesents and children
- I work as a psychotherapist in the NHS and with Childrens Mental Health Charity Place2be. My work in the NHS has allowed me to work therapeutically with service users experiencing a wide range of Mental Health disorders
- I work as a School Project Manager for Place2be supporting children, their families and school staff
- I provide 1:1 long term, short term and group counselling for children and young people, supporting their emotional and psychological well-being
- I use counselling and coaching interventions in my work, covering issues such as a lack of motivation and energy, low self esteem, trauma and challenging behaviour
- Other interventions include using psychodynamic and person centred approaches for more long term counselling
- I work with parents, carers and teachers offering advice and strategies to support all aspects of their childrens well-being
- I also manage a team of Trainee counsellors supporting their growth and development and providing them with clinical supervision.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Stuggling to find meaning in life.
My standard fee for adults and Adolesents is £60
Students on a counselling course - £45
Supervision for counselling students who are on placement with children - £50.
I am passionate about the growth and development of trainee counsellors. I have substantial experience of providing supervision to trainee counsellors who are on placements working with children.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client