Sarah Nichol BA(Hons) MBACP registered
Are you going through a difficult time? Is something making you worried, anxious, upset or confused? Feeling unhappy, struggling in relationships or not seeing any joy in life? Asking to see a counsellor is a sign of strength, and the first step on your road to recovery.
How can I help you?
I am a qualified integrative counsellor/therapist which means I am trained in many theoretical approaches and can tailor your therapy to best suit your needs. I provide talking therapies in a comfortable and safe environment, assuring you of a confidential service.
I believe counselling gives space for you to make sense of things, to talk about your fears, anxieties, experiences and needs, in a way that you feel fully accepted in a non-judgemental environment. I work with the person, you may have a variety of issues and complexities but I always start with working with you - not the issue.
I work with adults and young people 13+, offering short, medium and long term work depending on your needs. I will help you to develop the resources to help you to cope in future, helping you to find light in the darkest of times.
How many sessions will I need?
The amount of sessions depends on your needs, if you would like to focus on some short term work this is usually 6 sessions carried out weekly. We would regularly review our work together to ensure we are making progress that is meaningful to you and give you space to decide how you want to proceed.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am experienced in working with clients with anxiety, depression, relationship issues, bereavement, anger management, trauma, low self- esteem, domestic abuse and post- traumatic stress disorder. I volunteer at a student counselling service within a school and also with adults with carer responsibilities as well as my private practice work. I am a qualified Person Centre Counsellor with the following formal qualifications;
- University of Sunderland Bachelor of Arts, Second Class Honours (First Division) in Counselling
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Solution Focused Practice with Distinction
- University of Sunderland, Foundation Degree in Counselling with merit
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Counselling Skills and Theory
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
I also take part in regular training and supervision, in the last couple of years I have enjoyed learning more about ways to help my clients and have attended the following personal development courses;
- British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy, Working with binge eating and emotional eating January 2017
- Mindfulness Association Mindfulness Practitioner Level One – Being Present
- Mind Body Breakthrough, Treating Generalised Anxiety and Panic Attacks
- The Health and Well-being of Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual Young People May 2015
- Safeguarding Children Level 2, Safeguarding Adults Level 2 and Domestic Abuse Awareness Level 3
- Alzheimer’s Society, Dementia Friends Champion training, to enable me to run information sessions to improve society’s understanding of dementia.
- Tyne Metropolitan College, Suicide and Self Harm Awareness Training
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
£45 for face to face sessions due at the end of each session by cash or bank transfer
I may be able to come to you if you have difficulty leaving the house. Call me to discuss how practical that may be.
I am based in a quiet rural location at Warden Wellbeing Studio, part of Naturel Therapies at Warden. Warden is a short bus journey or drive from Hexham with free parking, and is close to Corbridge, Chollerford, Haydon Bridge, Haltwhistle, Allendale, Slaley, Stocksfield, Ponteland and Prudhoe.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I currently have some availability
Types of client