Dr. Sarah Madigan, Child and Adult Clinical Psychologist (DClinPsy, BSc Hons)
I'm Sarah. I am trained as a clinical psychologist and have worked in the psychology field for 13 years. Prior to this I provided CBT therapy to adults within a counselling service for a number of years.
If you are looking for help for yourself as an adult or for your child I have a vast amount of experience of providing evidence based therapies. Therapy may be short term or longer term depending on your requirements. Therapy can involve staying in the 'here and now' or looking back on early experiences; something you would always be in control of.
I have such a strong belief that humans can heal from painful experiences. I believe therapy can help people make positive changes within their relationships (including the relationship with the self) to vastly improve emotional well-being. This can be true for the self and also for the family system.
Sometimes it is hard to see things clearly when life is busy and at times stressful. I hope that through the therapeutic relationship the people I work with can find a safe space, free of judgement, where healing and growth can happen.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
Training, qualifications & experience
- doctorate in clinical psychology
- post graduate certificate in primary mental health care
- module 1 of CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) degree
- undergraduate bachelor of science degree in psychology
- 13 years working within clinical psychology
- vast experience working with children and families
- vast experience working with adults.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
£90 for initial assessment appointment (approx 75-90 minutes long)
£80 for subsequent sessions (60 minutes)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and early evening mid week.
Types of client