Sarah Jones MBACP (Accred)
My counselling and psychotherapy practice is based within the East Sussex area of Seaford. I offer therapy services to people in the local and wider community, within easy reach of Lewes, Seaford, Newhaven, Alfriston, Eastbourne & surrounding areas.
Talking therapies are sought for a variety of reasons: long-standing emotional difficulties, low self-esteem, anger, work stress, relationship problems, separation or divorce, sexuality or identity issues, isolation, inner emptiness, a sense of futility or meaninglessness, troubled thoughts, difficult feelings and behaviour or bodily symptoms.
These may all be signs that we have tried to deal with problems by putting them out of our minds. Often events in our early years influence our current feelings and choices.
Psychodynamic therapy stresses the importance of the unconscious and past experience in shaping current behaviour and I offer a safe and confidential environment in which to talk, think and understand these experiences and make sense of how they arise and continue to affect us.
Training, qualifications & experience
MSc Psychotherapy – University of Brighton.
Postgraduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Therapeutic Counselling – University of Brighton.
I am a member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) and on the BACP Register of Counsellors & Psychotherapists.
I am UKCP (UK Council for Psychotherapy) registered.
Before training as a counsellor & psychotherapist I worked in human resources in the NHS, the voluntary sector and private healthcare. I am a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development.
I currently work mainly in Private Practice and have experience in a wide range of public and private therapy settings including:
- Higher education (providing time-limited psychodynamic counselling and CBT to University students). I am a Locum Counsellor at the University of Brighton
- NHS Community and Sexual health services (providing up to 40 weeks psychodynamic therapeutic counselling to adult clients presenting with issues related to sexual & reproductive health).
- Local counselling agencies (The Rock Clinic & Brighton Women's Centre)
- Health Insurance. I am an Affiliate Counsellor with AXA PPP.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Employment & conflict at work issues.
Current fees are £50 per session, £85 for a double session (1.5 hours).
Fees are payable either in cash or by debit card on the day of the appointment.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays 9am to 8pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|