Sarah Guy- Enlightened Spaces Therapy Services (Counsellor and Supervisor)
I am a qualified counsellor (Dip. Couns, FD (Open))and Supervisor (Dip.Sup) and offer a service in the Walsall area working with both adults and children. I am an accredited member of the National Counselling Service and adhere to their guidance. I also hold appropriate insurance. You can ring me on the number above if you want further information about my service or email me. I am also qualified in childcare and education and have spent over 25 years working in a range of services including education, social services, private and voluntary settings and for the NHS. I have worked with children with disabilities and I am a trained Children and Young Person's Counsellor with Relate. I a a tutor in counselling.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Introduction to Counselling (Open University)
- NOCN Level 3 Understanding Counselling Theories
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB Level 6 Certificate In Therapeutic Counselling Supervision
- Open University Foundation Degree in Counselling
- BSc (Hons) Open Degree (Open University)
- Diploma in Nursery Nursing
- Advanced Diploma in Childcare and Education
- Diploma in Counselling Children and Adolescents
- Relate Counselling Children and Young People Course
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Diploma
- Mindfulness based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Advanced Diploma
- Diploma in Managing Children's Behaviour
- Diploma in Autism
- Diploma in Psychology
- Bereavement and loss training
- Human Givens Couples Counselling
I work privately and also have worked for Relate Wolverhampton and Base 25. I have considerable experience working for Walsall Bereavement Service. I am a tutor at Mapleleaf Counselling and Training Centre.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£40 per hour individual clients
£60 per 90 minutes for couples
Student discount and concessional rates available with proof of eligibility.
I am an integrative counsellor. I mainly work as a person centred counsellor but also use cognitive behavioural therapy, psychoanalysis and other counselling theories depending on the needs of my clients.
I offer a service to children, adolescents and adults. I work with a range of issues including mental health difficulties, bereavement and loss, redundancy, divorce and relationship issues, anxiety and depression, health worries and many more. Please contact me and we can discuss your reason for coming to counselling