I’m a sex & relationship therapist who is warm, open minded, empathetic, free from jargon and down to earth.
Whether you’re single or in relationship, how you conduct your sex life is up to you – as long as you enjoy it and it’s not harming anyone else. However, if sex and/or relationships aren't giving you pleasure or are causing you concern, then talking things through can help.
I work in an integrative manner, but am rooted in person centred therapy. This means I provide a safe space where we work together to find out what you want and how to achieve it. I am also able to offer advice and many effective tools that can help you overcome or manage any difficulties.
I work with individuals, couples or poly groups on issues including:
- Desire, arousal or libido issues
- Orgasm problems (including anorgasmia)
- Premature and delayed ejaculation
- Erectile dysfunction
- Vaginal pain including vaginismus and vulvodynia
- Sexual phobias
- Addiction and compulsive behaviour
- Domestic abuse
- Sexual abuse, incest or rape
- Increased rows and communication difficulties
- Loss of attraction
- Intimacy or commitment issues
- Sex with a disability
- Gender issues
- Sexual orientation concerns
- Troubles with kink, BDSM or fetish behaviour/fantasies
- Curiosity over asexuality
- Opening a relationship
- Problems as a result of sex working
If you have a sex or relationship issue not on this list, do give me a call as I might be able to help or refer you to someone who can.
Training, qualifications & experience
I started out as sex & relationship journalist. During this time I interviewed many people about their sex lives. I realised that the definitions of “good sex” and “good relationships” are very personal and that there are many ways to improve communication, increase satisfaction and connect with our bodies.
Following this, I set up a women's support group called Fannying Around. While the name may seem irreverent, the group attracted many people who would not usually seek out a therapist but needed a safe space where they could discuss feeling and thoughts surrounding their bodies and sex lives.
I have a PGDip in Psychosexual & Relationship Therapy and an advanced diploma in couples therapy. I have also attended the Pink Therapy Alternative Sexualities courses exploring kink, fetishes, BDSM, asexuality, compulsive sexual behaviour, HIV and condom use, gender dysphoria, pansexuality and bisexuality.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Confusion over sexuality
Loss of attraction
Dealing with affairs
Loss of libido
Arousal or desire problems
Problems orgasming including anorgasmia
Dyspareunia including vaginismus
- In Holloway my fees are £80 per session for individuals and £120 per session for couples
- In Wimpole Street they are £120 per session for individuals and £160 per session for couples
- Concessions are available to students, low waged and unemployed.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Morning Skype. Daytime and evening office hours.