Sara Warner MBACP Humanistic Integrative Counsellor
Your wellbeing is my priority. I am an experienced, BACP registered, counsellor with private practices in Lewes and Hove offering professional, safe, and confidential counselling for adults and teenagers. I have worked for the NHS, in a variety of charitable settings, and for Axa PPP.
Most people come to see me at a time of crisis or “stuck - ness” and I see these moments in life as opportunities for growth and transformation. Sometimes this may result in a client wanting to make changes in their life and at other times space to talk, a different perspective, or different coping strategies are all that they need. I trained as a counsellor after having had a very positive experience of counselling at a difficult time in my life and it is this experience that I wish to give my clients.
I provide a calm, caring, safe, and supportive space in which you can explore what is working and what is not, and process difficult feelings in a manageable way. I will work collaboratively with you to discover the best way forward for you at a pace which is attuned to your needs. Some clients only need a few sessions and others want to work longer term. I also offer ongoing support by offering fortnightly, monthly or occasional top up sessions.
Issues I have helped my clients with include:
- anxiety, depression, stress and, self-blame
- issues around relationships including divorce
- sexual trauma, psychological, and physical abuse
- low self-confidence and negative life events
- feeling stuck
- self harm
- family estrangement
- borderline personality disorder
- difficult childhood experiences
- issues related to boarding school experiences
- work-related issues
- abusive relationships and bullying
I work as an integrative counsellor which means I am trained in a number of different methods including Person centred, Gestalt, Transactional Analysis and Mindfulness that are proven to be effective. Although I am not a CBT therapist I do use CBT techniques for some issues.
I am passionate about my work and know from both experience and research that counselling can be beneficial to anyone at any stage of life. Many of my clients have said that they wish they had had the benefit of counselling years before.
I have also worked as an NHS Health Coach, taught yoga for over 15 years and am on the professional register of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
I have specialist training and experience in working with ex-boarders, people who have had difficult childhoods and family estrangement.
I am always happy to have a brief initial conversation on the telephone or answer any questions by email. All calls and messages are confidential.
For more information about me, my practice, and the counselling process please see my website - there is a link at the top right of this page. I also have a Facebook page (Sara Warner Counselling and Therapy Lewes) with links to useful resources.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am a Registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP) and hold a BACP postgraduate Diploma in Counselling.
- I have a Diploma in Specialist Psychotherapy with ex boarders which was led by Nick Duffell (2017/18).
- I have been working as a counsellor for over 7 years and having worked as a solicitor and run a business bring a wide experience of life to my practice as well as a realistic approach.
- I support my practice through regular supervision and training and development.I have recently attended the first specialist training in working with family estrangement run by Stand Alone.
- I have many years of experience and training in working with the body and the breath, meditation, and mindfulness having qualified as a yoga teacher in 2005.
I have completed Adult and Child Safeguarding training with CRI (2014) and additional child Safeguarding training with Dialogue (2015), suicide prevention training with ASIST (2015), working with men's issues with Psychotherapy Excellence (2015) and specialist trauma training at Wealden college (2013-4) , Summerhayes Counselling (2012) and Psychotherapy Excellence (2016). I have also undertaken training in working with sexual violence and domestic abuse (Summerhayes 2013 and BACP 2016), working with alcohol dependent clients and their significant others with Action for Change (2012) and CRI (2014) and have a TA (Transactional Analysis) 101 Certificate (2012). Working with Shame (Christiane Sanderson and NLP for Counsellors both 2017.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Boarding School issues
I charge £55 for a 50 minute session and as a commitment to making counselling as accessible as possible offer a concessionary rate Counselling Diploma students or those who unable to pay the full fee. Clients able to pay the full fee allow me to do this.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client