I offer counselling and psychotherapy to individuals and couples.
The core of my approach is relational and humanistic.
I trained as an integrative psychotherapist and , as such, I draw from a variety of psychological orientations and techniques, depending on the person I am working with, the presenting issues and/or what phase of the process we are going through.
I do use approaches which focus on the cognitive areas of the brain such as CBT and coaching as well as paying constant attention to the physical body which holds many keys to access unconscious material. To get access to those emotions stuck in the body I might work with creative imagination, breath, sand tray and dreams.
Paying mindful attention to the breath is extremely important as it enables the mind to slow down and find easier ways to deal with anxiety and stress.
I have studied at a College with a Transpersonal Orientation, which means that I support clients to reconnect with their inner heling potential as we work collaboratively to recover inner strength and qualities which have been forgotten.
I pay a lot of attention to the body and I can work with breath to unlock anxiety and stress.
A special area of interest is trauma. Not only major traumas people suffer in life but also what is known as developmental trauma, beliefs about ourselves and a set of defence mechanisms we develop as a result of childhood experiences of trauma. Some are more painful and difficult than others yet most of us endure trauma to different extents as part of the process of growing up. I work alongside clients to identify, understand and find empathy for the helpful and unhelpful habits they have developed to protect themselves from painful experiences.
Another special area of interest is anger. Anger is a very strong emotion which can feel overwhelming. Some people are explosive with it and some might pretend it isn't there. I support people to get to know their anger and start living comfortably with it, to stop it causing unnecessary pain.
I also work with the anger which arise in people as they become parents. I facilitate parents to navigate the incredible challenges they face and support them in becoming aware of the potential for personal growth that raising children offers.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Degree in Anthropology and Developmental Studies.
- Post Laurea Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy from CCPE, Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Education
- I have extensive experience of working with people with a history of trauma, depression and anxiety.
- Currently I see clients in secondary care as part of a joint project between Mind-in-Camden and the NHS Advise and Assessment Mental Health Team.
- I have trained with Mind-in-Camden on Hearing Voices, Trauma and Dissociation, Paranoia and Unusual Beliefs.
- As part of my continuous professional development I have taken part in various trainings such as: Motivational Coaching, Focussing (a technique designed to identify and understand feelings in the body), Breathwork, CFT (Compassion Focused Therapy).
- I have trained at the Centre for Child Mental Health with a specific focus on storytelling as a means to talk to children about feelings.
- I continuously attend training to develop knowledge around working with developmental trauma which I find an essential aspect of working with emotional blocks and repeated patterns of thinking and behaviour.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
My fee is £65.
I am an Italian speaker and can offer sessions in Italian.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have availability on Monday evenings in Maida Vale and Tuesday evenings in West Hampstead. During the day I offer sessions on Thursdays in Maida Vale.
Types of client