I offer counselling and psychotherapy to individuals and couples.
The core of my approach is relational and humanistic.
I trained as an integrative psychotherapist and , as such, I draw from a variety of psychological orientations and techniques, depending on the person I am working with, the presenting issues and/or what phase of the process we are going through.
I do use approaches which focus on the cognitive areas of the brain such as CBT and coaching as well as paying constant attention to the physical body which holds many keys to access unconscious material. To get access to those emotions stuck in the body I might work with creative imagination, breath, sand tray and dreams.
Paying mindful attention to the breath is extremely important as it enables the mind to slow down and find easier ways to deal with anxiety and stress.
I have studied at a College with a Transpersonal Orientation, which means that I support clients to reconnect with their inner heling potential as we work collaboratively to recover inner strength and qualities which have been forgotten
A special area of interest and work is trauma. Not only major traumas people suffer in life but also what is known as developmental trauma. I work with people to identify the beliefs they internalized about themselves and the congruent set of defence mechanisms developed as a result of childhood experiences. Some are more painful and difficult than others, yet most of us endure trauma to different extents as part of the process of growing up. I work alongside clients to identify, understand and find empathy for the helpful and unhelpful habits they have developed to protect themselves from painful experiences.
Another special area of interest is anger. Anger is a very strong emotion which can feel overwhelming. Some people are explosive with it and some might pretend it isn't there. I support people to get to know their anger and learn what it is trying to communicate.
I also work with the anger which arise in people as they become parents. I facilitate parents to navigate the incredible challenges they face and support them in becoming aware of the potential for personal growth that raising children offers.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Degree in Anthropology and Developmental Studies.
- Post Laurea Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy from CCPE (Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Education)
- Extensive experience of working with people with a history of trauma, depression and anxiety.
- I have trained with Mind-in-Camden on Hearing Voices, Trauma and Dissociation, Paranoia and Unusual Beliefs.
- As part of my continuous professional development I have taken part in various trainings, which are part of my practice, such as: Motivational Coaching, Focussing (a technique designed to identify and understand feelings in the body), Breathwork, CFT (Compassion Focused Therapy).
- I have trained at the Centre for Child Mental Health with a specific focus on storytelling as a means to enable children to talk about their feelings.
- I continuously attend training around Trauma as to develop an up to date trauma informed practice.
- I currently see clients within a Mental Health Primary Care Network, which is a partnership between Mind-in-Camden and the NHS.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
£75.00 per session
Free initial telephone session
Concessions offered for
My fee is £75 for individuals and £95 for couples.
I currently hold sessions on Zoom.
I have availability on Tuesday evening and daytime and evening on Thursday.
I am an Italian speaker and can offer sessions in Italian.