Sandra A-Wilson MBACP (ACCRED & REG.)
Hi I am Sandra,
I am an Integrative Intercultural Therapist, specifically trained to work competently with people who are different from me, which you are because you are unique!
I have worked in a variety of settings: private practice managed voluntary and NHS mental health services.
I have successfully supported countless clients over my 16 years of clinical practice which includes children, adolescents and adults.
I am passionate about coming alongside individuals, couples and families as we build a trusting and safe therapeutic alliance which facilitates personal growth and well being.
Enough about me! I would like to hear about you and for us explore how I can assist you on your journey, with no issues being too small or insignificant.
Call for a free 30-minute telephone consultation to established if we “fit” and to hear more about how I work.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP Registered & Accredited Counsellor.
- Integrative Intercultural Therapist: Simply put, I have been trained to work from a number of different models to enable me to adapt to the needs of the individual and able to work with individuals effectively and competently regardless of cultural backgrounds and religious beliefs etc.
- With over 16 years experience working with Individuals, couples, families and groups
- Formerly the Counselling Service Manager for Islington Mind; University Lecturer at Birkbeck College London University and the London Metropolitan University; and Clinical Supervisor.
- Currently working as a psychological therapist for the NHS.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Career counselling
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Accessibility for all is the primary goal hence I will be happy to discuss individual cases to enable us to come to a satisfactory arrangement.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Day time on a Thursday there is availability, weekday evenings and weekends fees will be affordable but slightly higher.
Types of client
Supervision & training
I am a Transcultural Integrative Clinical Supervisor with over 13 years experience of providing clinical supervision for groups as well as one to one.