Samantha Fairgrieve, BACP, Dip. Counselling
The Practice Rooms
26 Upper Borough Walls
Mary Carpenters House
I am a BACP registered counsellor working in Bath and Bristol. My approach is founded on the principle that every individual has a vast potential to live a rich and fulfilling life. We all reach times in our lives when we face issues that feel beyond our capacity to manage on our own. Counselling and psychotherapy can help.
What do I offer?
· A confidential, safe place to tell your story where you will be listened to and heard
· Empathy and respect with an invitation to creatively explore your difficulties
· The opportunity to find new resources to move forward
I have been in private practice since 2013. I have experience working with clients with a wide range of difficulties including;
- low self-confidence
- lack of meaning and purpose
- separation, loss or prolonged grief
- relationship issues
- family breakdown, separation, divorce, issues around step-families or ‘blended’ families
- life transitions including motherhood and career change
- dyslexia, dyspraxia and related conditions
You can find more information on my website www.samfairgrieve.com
Alternatively, please feel free to contact me to discuss your circumstances. I offer a free initial telephone consultation where we can explore what brings you to therapy and how we could work together.
If you would like to, we can then arrange a no obligation initial meeting. After the initial meeting, and if we decide I am the right therapist for you, sessions would be held weekly, either on an open ended basis or for an agreed time period.
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma in Counselling from the Institute of Psychosynthesis
Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
Member of the Association of Psychospiritual Practitioners
I abide by the BACP code of ethics.
I am currently working towards a Diploma in Psychotherapy with the Institute of Psychosynthesis accredited by UKCP. I am also in the final stages of an MA in Psychosynthesis Psychotherapy validated by the University of Middlesex.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
I am currently working towards accreditation with an MA in Psychosynthesis Psychotherapy and a Diploma in Psychotherapy. I am therefore offering a low cost rate of £35 per hour.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday late afternoons/evenings (Bath); Tuesday mornings (Bristol); Wednesday late afternoons/evenings (Bristol); Thursdays (Bath)
Types of client