07494 782 825 / 07494 782 825
What is going on for you just now?
- Does life feel like hard work or 'out of control'?
- Are you wondering why other people seem to be coping better than you?
- Are you trying to come to terms with a significant change or loss?
- Or have you been trying very hard to work towards a goal that you just don't seem to be able to reach?
Some people find that talking to friends or family helps but sometimes we might not want to talk to them for fear of worrying our nearest and dearest; sometimes they are too close to the same issues as you; or maybe you have tried to speak to them before but you feel they don't really understand.
As a counsellor, I have the skills to stay with you whilst you come to terms with your losses, whilst you deal with your hopes and fears and whilst you grapple with the challenges that you are dealing with.
At the centre of how I work is my absolute belief that you know your situation better than I do. I don't want to 'fix' you or to tell you what you should do. Rather, I want to listen to you, to really hear what is going on for you and to work with you so that you can decide what you want and, if you want to make changes, how you want to make those changes happen.
Just as importantly, I am a real person. I am honest, I am empathetic and understanding, I am kind and I am genuinely interested in you and your well-being. I am a great believer that knowledge is power and that self-awareness is empowering. Because of this, I want to work with you to explore your awareness, your choices and your strategies to empower your long term well-being.
If you would like a chat about whether us working together could be helpful to you at this time, please feel free to contact me. Our first conversation carries no charge and no obligation.
Training, qualifications & experience
Like all counsellors, I have undergone years of training to become qualified as a safe and ethical therapeutic counsellor. This is as important to me as I anticipate it is to you and am happy to work within the code of practice of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
My experience includes working with adults and young people (aged 12+) and I would describe my way of working as being 'integrative based in person centred':
- Person centred because you and your experiences will be at the centre of our work together;
- Integrative because I draw from various theories and practices that are relevant to our work.
I also have training and many years experience in business and executive coaching and personal and professional development. Working with you in a solution focused way, I have worked with individuals and organisations to help people explore effective strategies for managing personal stress, to build confidence whether with their whole self or in certain situations, to learn how to learn, to improve their time management, to better cope with change, to strike the balance on the passive-assertive-aggressive spectrum and to improve relationships with others.
Qualifications and other training
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Listening Skills
- Certificate in Psychology
- Post Graduate Certificate in Business and Executive Coaching
- Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel and Development
I have an extensive list of CPD (continuing professional development) activities which broadly includes:
- Working with anxiety and depression
- Suicide awareness and suicide intervention skills
- Working with children and young people
- Working with families
- Stress and resilience in the workplace
- Issues with performance at work
- Therapeutic writing
- Working ethically in private practice
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
Photos & videos
The initial consultation which lasts up to 60 minutes is free of charge and carries no obligation.
Subsequent sessions cost £35.00 per 60 minute session, paid at or in advance of the session.
- Low income and unemployed rates can be discussed
- Reduced rates for counsellors in training - £20 per 60 minute session
Thanks for taking the time to read this page. Here is some other information that you might find helpful.
I appreciate that life is busy and you may not be able to stick to the same appointment every time. Subject to availability, I am able to offer appointments as follows:
- Short notice (less than 7 days)
All counselling meetings are by pre-arranged appointment. I'm afraid I cannot offer crisis counselling ie "I need to see you/speak to you now."
I work from my own home in a building that has been specifically converted to meet the requirements of a safe, comfortable and confidential space.
- Situated very close to Junction 4 of the M65
- Easy parking
Things happen sometimes that means that we have to change arrangements at short notice. However, please note that a policy applies for fee payment for short notice cancellation and failing to attend without notice. I will explain these in more detail in the initial consultation.
What happens next?
Effective counselling can only take place if you feel comfortable with me and feel that you might be able to have trust in our meetings. Therefore, in our first conversation you will be able to tell me about what is going on for you just now and ask me questions so that you can make a decision as to whether I am the person you would like to work with. I will be able to answer any questions that you might still have and you can tell me if you have any expectations of counselling.
If we both feel during that conversation that we would be able to work well together, we will arrange our next meeting.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Plenty of parking available. There are two steps into the counselling room.
Session offered as follows, subject to availability. M: 3-8pm W: 5-8pm Th: 5-8pm F: 9am-6.30pm S: please discuss with me For enquiries, please contact anytime - I will respond asap. Thanks
Types of client