Sally Bunce, MBACP (Accred) - Harpenden - Counselling & Psychotherapy
30 Tennyson Road
It often helps to talk things through with someone who is not a friend or family member. You can feel free to say things you would not say anywhere else with the knowledge that I will keep it confidential and help you think about your life in a quiet uninterrupted space. My professional training of 8 years in counselling and psychotherapy taught me about many theoretical and technical matters and varying approaches - but most of all - how to listen and understand others. Unlike other people you meet in your life my view is not to give you advice but to help you understand yourself better and make changes if you wish.... or possibly be more accepting of yourself and your close relationships. Whatever your issue - work, family, home, relationships, anxiety, depression or low self-esteem - I will work with you to find the best way forward.
What can I offer?
My approach will fit your particular situation and the main issue that you want to talk about. Shorter term therapy e.g 6-12 weeks can address a specific issue whereas longer term therapy is more suited to broader issues. Sometimes people say they "just don't feel right" and it may take a while for us to get to grips with what is troubling you. I offer once-weekly therapy at a regular agreed time/day or can meet with you more frequently if required. I can work on an open-ended basis or am happy to agree a fixed number of sessions in the first session. Early morning and evening appointments can be arranged to fit around your work as well as daytime sessions that fit around childcare.
- Click on the email above or click on my website
- Ask me any questions by email or just ask for an appointment
- Tell me days/times that suit you or when you can't attend
- If you call me and get my answerphone, let me know a good time to call you back
- Let me know if you are OK about me leaving a message on your phone
- Once we agree an appointment I send you directions to my address
- We meet on the agreed day/time for 50 mins
- I welcome you to my consulting room and help you settle in
- You are not required to complete any questionnaires - just sit down and talk to me!
- You pay me at the end of the session by cheque or cash
- We agree our next session
- We take it from there...........
Before training to be a counsellor and psychotherapist I was a senior tutor and lecturer at the University of Hertfordshire for 12 years. I have worked extensively with students concerning study difficulties and with academic staff experiencing stress. Prior this, I spent over 25 years as a manager in private companies and in the public sector and consider I can especially help clients with difficulties concerning workplace stress, bullying at work, organisational communication difficulties, redundancy and retirement.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training in Counselling:
Postgraduate Certificate in Contemporary Therapeutic Counselling (University of Hertfordshire 2010)
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (Herts R.I.T.E)
Bereavement Counselling (St Albans and District Bereavement Network)
Training in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
The Guild of Psychotherapists in London (Postgraduate Diploma Level 2010-2014)
Member of The Site for Contemporary Psychoanalysis
Member of The College of Psychoanalysts - UK
Current appointments include:
- Affiliate for Lifeworks - an Employee Assistance Provider.
- Affiliate for Workplace Options - global organisation specialising in supporting clients experiencing workplace stress and other employment issues.
- Visiting Lecturer - Hatfield Campus, University of Hertfordshire.
- Course Tutor for Certificate in Counselling Skills, Enfield Counselling Service (2016-2017).
- Honorary Psychotherapist - for an NHS Trust (2011-2014).
- MA Workshop Leader - WPF Therapy, London. This organisation is one of the largest UK training organisations for Counselling and Psychotherapy(2011-2014).
- Volunteer Counsellor for Mind in Barnet on their long term psychodynamic service (2010-2012).
- Honorary Psychotherapist for The Guild of Psychotherapists in London (2010-2014).
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- MA in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education
- MA in Leisure and Tourism Studies
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship issues
- £50-£60 per 50 mins for a once-weekly session
- Fee are negotiable for clients who wish to attend longer term open-ended psychotherapy or attend 2-3 times per week. This is subject to an initial consultation and discussion.
My consulting room is in a private house in Harpenden with parking outside - and is ideal for clients seeking a counsellor only 15 to 20 minutes from Luton, St Albans and Hatfield. You might find it helpful to see a counsellor in complete confidence outside of your home town.
I am also near to Welwyn Garden City . For access from motorways my counselling psychotherapy practice can be reached from Hatfield A1 Junction 3 and from Luton, Hemel Hempstead and Watford as I am only 10 minutes' drive from M1 Junction 9 (Dunstable & Redbourn) or Junction 10 (Luton Airport). The mainline station at Harpenden (First Capital Connect) and Harpenden High Street are both 10-15 minutes' walk away with fast trains from London St Pancras International (30 mins).
Accessibility: My private consulting room is up one flight of stairs and not suited to clients with limited accessibilty. However, if you contact me I can recommend a colleague or other arrangements.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Early morning, daytimes and evening appointments available during weekdays.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|