Salema Rahman MUKCP (Accred)
Counselling can help to you find more effective and satisfying ways of living your life. It's often easier to talk to a professional than a friend or family member as the counsellor is not personally involved in your situation, can offer impartial empathy, compassion, and a safe trustworthy space to explore and will not take what you say personally.
I use creative methods to aid self-exploration and encourage to discover aspects of self in relation to who we are and how we relate to others.
Counselling provides a supportive environment to explore and take time to look at things in a different prospective and enables better understanding of ourselves. The aim is to work together to find coping strategies.
The aim of counselling is to help you find more effective and satisfying ways of living your life. I can offer in depth emotional support by working relationally.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am an accredited psychotherapeutic counsellor with UKCP.
I have a great deal of experience in working with people who have experienced, bereavement, cultural issues, and spirituality.
- EFT 1 and 2 skills for energy healing
- Advanced Diploma in Relational Centered Counselling (Level 6)
- ABC Counselling skills (Level 3)
- Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Awareness Bereavement Care (Cruse Bereavement Care Children & Young)
- Certificate in supervision (CRUSE)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Individual appointments £45 per session for one hour. Sessions can be weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
For students and low income fees are reduced to £40 per session.
Payment methods: Cash, PayPal and Bank transfer
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Currently I am only working on Thursdays and Fridays from 10am to 8pm. I currently have spaces available for clients wishing to try out taster sessions at a reduced rate.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|