Sajeda Patel (BSc (Hons), MSc, MBACP)
90 Savile Road
I began counselling with the Samaritans (1999) whilst working for the NHS as I was drawn towards empowering individuals in helping themselves. Since then, I have worked for a number of organisations with adults and children providing both short term/ long-term therapy around many issues.
There are many ways in which counselling/psychotherapy can assist you with improving your quality of life or in dealing with difficult issues, by providing a space to be heard without feeling judged.
Through sharing and exploring your thoughts and feelings, it can open up new ways of coping with difficult situations. Overwhelming feelings of anxiety or depression can be addressed so life can be more manageable, such as through the practice of mindfulness.
I provide a comfortable and confidential setting to explore whatever is troubling you, at a pace that works for you. I value that we are individuals in how we see ourselves, our surroundings and our experiences, which is why I am qualified in various theoretical approaches of counselling.
Also, as a practising Muslim counsellor from an Asian background, I appreciate and will work alongside the values and beliefs you may hold around culture/religion, and their impact on you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc Psychological Therapies ( Including CBT,strength based therapy, mindfulness and mental health illnesses) University of Bradford
- Paper Published: One Half of The World: Hemianopia or Neglect, British Journal of Therapy and Rehabilitation (1999, Vol. 7: Pg. 327)
- B.Sc. (Hons) Orthoptics, University of Liverpool
- ABC Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling, Dewsbury College
- ABC Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills, Dewsbury College
- ABC Level 2 Award in Counselling Concepts, Dewsbury College
- Principles of Teaching and Learning, University of Salford
- Diploma in Joint Life Coaching and Counselling
- Couples and Family Therapy Diploma
- Diploma Special Educational Needs Advanced
- Therapeutic Art Diploma
- Mindfulness Diploma, Centre of Excellence
- Diploma Counselling Children and Adolescents
- Working Together to Safeguard Children, Level 2 (Kirklees Safeguarding Board)
- Impact of Domestic Violence
- Friend or Foe, Level 3
- Masterclass: Child and Adolescence Neglect, Level 4
- Child Sexual Exploitation Advanced Practitioner, Level 4
- Community Champion for Substance Misuse Course, Chart Kirklees
- Understanding Self-Harm
- Mosaic II training (Issues surrounding sexual abuse)
- Myers Briggs: Understanding Self and Others Course
- Pain Management Practitioner
- Energy Anatomy
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Behaviour problems
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
For therapy to work, the client should be acknowledged for their individuality. As I am a practising muslim counsellor from an asian background, I am sensitive and work alongside the values and beliefs you may hold around culture/religion and its impact on you.
Photos & videos
I appreciate that taking the first step towards counselling can seem difficult/ confusing which is why I provide an initial free 20 minutes session to give us a chance to meet.
Subsequent 50 minute sessions cost £40
Please call or email to book an appointment.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Urdu and Gujarati|
Sessions are available Monday-Friday between 9am-2pm, 5.30pm-7.30pm.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am in the process of training (Diploma in Supervision) as a supervisor with Leeds Centre of Psychological Therapy.