Sajeda Patel (BSc (Hons), MSc, MBACP). Counsellor & Supervisor
Hi! I hope my brief introduction can help you decide on the support you may be looking for. However, I would recommend you come in for a chat (no charge) and see where I am based. Or feel free to call!
If you haven't accessed therapy previously, I would like to say that it is vital you feel comfortable in the therapy sessions in a space which feels safe and accepting for you. Only then can you say and feel what you are experiencing. This in itself is liberating as you feel heard and understood. Then, we can explore how you want to move forward.
I value that we are individuals in how we see ourselves, our surroundings and our experiences, which is why I am qualified in various theoretical approaches of counselling (see qualifications and experience section). I am a registered member of the BACP.
I began counselling with the Samaritans (1999) whilst working as an Orthoptist for the NHS. I was drawn towards empowering individuals in helping themselves. Since then, I have worked for a number of organisations with adults and children, providing both short term/ long-term therapy around many issues. Such as, working at Mosaic (sexual abuse), BCS and Northorpe Hall.
At present, I work in a GP practice and for a charity organisation (ESCAYP). I also work alongside a local youth club as well as mosques in providing training and supporting individuals in the context of being a Muslim/Asian.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in the Practice of Supervision, Leeds Centre for Psychological Developoment
- MSc Psychological Therapies ( Including CBT,strength based therapy, mindfulness and mental health illnesses) University of Bradford
- Paper Published: One Half of The World: Hemianopia or Neglect, British Journal of Therapy and Rehabilitation (1999, Vol. 7: Pg. 327)
- B.Sc. (Hons) Orthoptics, University of Liverpool
- ABC Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling, Dewsbury College
- ABC Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills, Dewsbury College
- ABC Level 2 Award in Counselling Concepts, Dewsbury College
- Principles of Teaching and Learning, University of Salford
- Diploma in Joint Life Coaching and Counselling
- Couples and Family Therapy Diploma
- Diploma Special Educational Needs Advanced
- Therapeutic Art Diploma
- Mindfulness Diploma, Centre of Excellence
- Diploma Counselling Children and Adolescents
- Working Creatively, The Therapy Rooms
- Working Together to Safeguard Children, Level 2 (Kirklees Safeguarding Board)
- Impact of Domestic Violence
- Friend or Foe, Level 3
- Masterclass: Child and Adolescence Neglect, Level 4
- Child Sexual Exploitation Advanced Practitioner, Level 4
- Community Champion for Substance Misuse Course, Chart Kirklees
- Understanding Self-Harm
- Mosaic II training (Issues surrounding sexual abuse)
- Myers Briggs: Understanding Self and Others Course
- Pain Management Practitioner
- Energy Anatomy
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
I appreciate that taking the first step towards counselling can seem difficult/confusing which is why I provide a reduced rate for the initial 50 minute session.
Initial session at £20, then subsequent 50 minute sessions cost £40 or block booking of 5 sessions cost £150.
Couples counselling initial session charged at £25 then £50 per 50 minutes.
Supervision charge for 1.5 hours is £60
Reduced rates can be discussed for students
Please call or email to book an appointment.