Saira Birley - MBACP, BSc (Hons) Psych
01233 646344 / 07846 063895
Firstly, I'd like to say well done for taking the big step in asking for help. This can be daunting and take a lot of courage.
We all have difficulties in life, but sometimes there is a need to go outside of family and friends and work through our thoughts, feelings and behaviours with someone impartial. I offer a safe, confidential place for you to explore these.
Counselling is not a magic wand, however in my experience it can give you insight into who you really are and promote personal freedom.
I am an integrative psychotherapist which means my approach incorporates looking at how the past influences our present feelings and behaviours whilst also working on a cognitive level to explore practical ways of dealing with anxiety and depression.
Session Fees - 45.00 per 50 minutes
Concession available for Counselling Students at 35.00
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Certificate In Therapeutic Play
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Trauma
- Certificate in Disordered Eating
- Certificate in CATT (Children's Accelerated Trauma Technique)
- Certificate in Mental Health First Aid Youth Lite
I currently work for Family Matters a charity specialising in Child Sexual Abuse and Rape. The work is trauma based.
I am also a Specialist Mentor for Terra Consultancy - working with young adults in further education.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- The initial session charge is £30. Subsequent sessions are £45 for 50 minutes
- 10% discount is offered on block bookings of 6 sessions
- Concessions available for trainee counsellors at £35
- My working hours are flexible and I can accommodate weekday evening sessions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am Available Monday to Friday. Evening appointments can be accommodated
Types of client